Sign in to follow this  

Lago FSAssist 2002 - anyone using ?

Hi,I saw this product in Lago site, is FSAssist a great add-on for FS2002 ?Thanks,Ulisses

jerrycwo4YES, it is a great product and I use it EVERY time I fly. I use it for the "push-back" feature and the best part of it is it's 'backup" flights which will back up your flights at the enterval you select ( I use 5 minutes), then, when for whatever reason your IFR flight with ATC is cancled, you use the go back for the last 5 minute save, and keep flying with your ATC. I love the LAGO products and have just about everyone that they have.jerry

my main question.....does it make FS flights smoother ?thanks again,ulisses

jerrycwo4I know that it has that "FPS" feature, but with the speed of my double processor Falcon Northwest computer, FPS are not a problem , so I have never tried that part of the program.

If by "smoother" you mean better frame rate or less stutter than it does not do anything you can't do from the FS2002 options menue. What is neat is that it allows you to make changes to things such as autogen density, mesh compexity an AI traffic percentage with a simple hot key. You don't need to pause the sim. Some changes, such as AI density, do take a moment for FS to reset itself. There is nothing magic about it, but sure is convient!Tony

>If by "smoother" you mean better frame rate or less stutter >than it does not do anything you can't do from the FS2002 >options menue. What is neat is that it allows you to make >changes to things such as autogen density, mesh compexity an >AI traffic percentage with a simple hot key. You don't need >to pause the sim. Some changes, such as AI density, do take >a moment for FS to reset itself. There is nothing magic >about it, but sure is convient! >Tony Very correct answer, but I am going to expand on it:-)What we intended with this part of FSAssist is to make it easy and fast to 'tune' your FS2002 to the flight you are doing. For example, if you fly from a high dense VFR airport like one of our GeoRender files located on a high dense mesh to a major airport done by one of our collegues.On departure you don't care about ATC or it's AI aircraft because the airport does not have 747's or ATC. You probably also do not want some of the other aspects of a major airport. As framerates are not so important here you probably want to raise your Framerate limiter.But as soon as you get close the major airport, you do want ATC, AI aircraft, hight framerates etc... A different condition needs retuning of FS2002. FSAssist does nothting more then make it fast and easy to do so, with very good (visual and audio) feedback. You get warned when your system is running low on resources needed for FS by a sound so you can change settings to allow FS to run the best way it can, with some spare to load textures in the background. It can only do so if you limited the framerates to just under what your hardware can do it that situation. As far as we can see the hardware you have do not matter much because I have yet to see the machine that can run FS as smooth as needed in any given condition:-) I've got a very fast machine, and I still keep changing the setting, everyhting on max still does not work and even if it would be, it might be a BAD situation as you might not be giving FS2002 enough resources to do it's background tasks. It's such a shame MS decided not to document the framerate limiter better, because it really makes or breakes the sim.So down to earth... nothing will make your sim faster, FSAssist certainly will not. But it will allow you to swiftly adapt the sim to what you want at any given moment (besides the great push back and the automated saves it does).Mathijs KokLAGO

Hey guys...I'm getting problems with the great Push Back feature:I'm using an ATR and I set the truck distance to zero..in this way half of the truck is bellow the ATR nose and I get a building crash...is the truck like a building in FS2002 ?After that my problem is the flight being reseted already with the truck and it crashes again, because it is in the same position, and crash again, again, again....I can't turn off the pushback until it finishes the pushback, but I can finish the pushback because it's crashing....is there a way to turn it off without exit the FS2002 ?I tried to load another flight, with another plane and it load the flight with the pushback truck there.Another question, can I assign a shortcut to call pushback ??Thanks,Ulisses

Hello Ulisses,If yo ugo to this link, http://www.forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=3 its the official Lago Support Forum, the question you have asked about pushback "Building Crashes" is covered in a few topics there. Go over to the site and do a search for pushback and i'm sure you'll have it sorted.Bests Shaun :)