Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

realistic failures in FS2002

Hi !Is there a way to simulate realist failures in FS like gear problems, imagine the situation:1- gear down...only 2 lights goes on2- you command gear up3- gear down again and the 3 lights are onI mean, simulating failures that can be fixed, other that you can't.Not like the default FS failures.Thanks for any info...Ulisses

what you need is FSMaitanence - i use it and man its great! for example one time i was flying and came in for what i thought was a very normal landing, only to find out that when i went to brake to slow down i didnt have any wheel brakes at all!! sometimes your radios will fail, etc.http://www.lagoonline.com/payware, but i think really worth it, the best part is that it doesn't do it very often and if you delete the two wav files that come with it - you wont have any clue that something went wrong - other than looking/reading your instruments.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

I thought it was something about managing the aircraft costs, etc...anyway I think you must fly in the same aircraft to get a increase in systems failures, right ? How do you do the aircraft maitanence ?Thanks,ulisses

FS Maintenance kind of adds a bit of a career mode to FS2002. You set up a fleet manager and add the aircraft that you want to fly to it. Before every flight you start the data logger which monitors the whole flight from start up to shut down. Everything gradually wears out over time, and this increases the risk of failures as things wear out. The way you fly has an effect too. If you slam your plane into the tarmac, then hit the breaks hard and taxi too fast back to the terminal the likelihood of gear failure/break failure is increased accordingly. The failures are as good as you can get in FS2002 - this evening, after a pretty good flight, I was setting up my approach to Biggin Hill when I noticed that my AI was winding down. Then I saw that the DI had stopped moving. The vacuum guage confirmed it - vacuum pump failure. I had to go around while I adjusted to flying using only the turn/slip indicator, compass, and altimeter.You earn money for each flight made, which pays for maintenance and repairs. You can add as many planes as you like to your fleet - so that's no restriction. The only restriction is that if you abuse your aircraft,you won't make any money, your planes will start breaking, and you won't be able to afford to get them fixed.It's a pretty good product and you can try it for free.

thanks for all the info...I just installed it. I think the good part is to get a failure as a surprise....:)ulisses