Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSUIPC error msg - getting rid of it on bootup

When I boot up FS2K I always get the error dialog about whether or not I want to run FSUIPC or not. Is there any way I can modify the .cfg file to include this exe as part of booting up FS2K?

Rory,Do you mean FS2002 vice FS2000? What version of FSUIPC are you using, latest is 2.94? There shouldn't be an error when using FSUIPC.

Guest Bob I

Hi Bill,I'm in need of a new puter, my Intel 1 gig is showing it's age. Make me your dream CPU, using todays best parts to run FS2K2. Don't need monitor, keyboard etc., Just the main machine, box and all. Cost is not a problem. Thanks.Bob IAlias=Layabout

Guest nutmeat

If you put the following in your fs2002.cfg, the problem should go away:[OLDMODULES]fsuipc.dll=1Cheers

Fellas, I may not have supplied all the data: The error message refers to FS6IPC. When I put that dll into the cfg file, the error went away and it now boots fine.Many thanks for your help.Rory

Rory,FSUIPC by Pete Dowson replaced FS6IPC by Adam Zofran (sp). You really should be using FSUIPC not FS6IPC as the former has many features which enhance FS2000 and FS2002 which ever one it is you're using. Also, FS6IPC may cause a conflict with FSUIPC if you don't remove it.FS6IPC.DLL can be safely deleted from the MODULES folder and then you won't get the error message.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Bob,I would probably start with one of the new ASUS boards. I am kinda partial to AMD Athlon's vice Pentiums. The next version of graphics cards are around the corner so you might want to wait until early next year. Only a little over a month away, ya know!!!

Ray,Thanks for your alert observation of my incorrect settings. I deleted FS6 from the cfg file and now only FSUIPC exists. All is well in the skies above the Shire.Rory

Hi Rory,Glad to hear the problem is sorted. Happy flying!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather