Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

Reply to the RealAir C172

Oh shoot :-)giving away free planes like this, is going to break ME. What do I mean, it means I will be forced to buy your next plane whether I like it or not.That is why I bought the DreamFleet 737. I don't fly jets, at least not much, but I had to buy it simply because of the great freeware products they gave away.Of course if you guys even come close to the SF260, I can't imagine me, or anyone else not liking it.Please Please post when the C172 is done, that will become my default plane, guaranteed.

Not that I want to "play down" the C172, but it won't be anything spectacular, just a fresh livery and smoother flight model. The SF260 took a year to develop. The C172 is taking about a month!Kind Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

I for one am looking forward to a nice 172. The default FS one is the plane I fly the most (because I'm more likely to fly one in real life) but even with modified air/cfg files it never feels quite right - initial climb is a bit too eager or mixture requires leaning a little bit too low. A C150/152 would be handy too. Let's face it, that is the plane that your most likely to find yourself flying in real life. Is there an airport in the world where you don't find one or two of these for hire?Anyway, bring on the 172!

Guest Simicro

How about a lifting of the 2D panel and the VC ? I'm sure you can beat by far the default FS C172...Tony

The SMOOTHER flight model, now that is what I am after. The livery makes little to no difference to me. (Not that a pretty airplane isn't nice to look at), but 95% of my flying is done inside the cockpit, no really about 98%. The C172P or M is what I mostly fly in real life so a really nice up to specs flight model. Yes Sir, that is THE ticket. :D

Guest iflyskyhawks

>Not that I want to "play down" the C172, but it won't be >anything spectacular, just a fresh livery and smoother >flight model. The SF260 took a year to develop. The C172 is >taking about a month! >>Kind Regards, >>Rob Young >RealAir Simulations Awesome!!! I'm looking forward to this!Will the "fresh" liveries include Cessna's new Skyhawk SP paintjobs? I still struggle with flying what MS2002 calls a C172S when it has a C172R livery.I fly the 172 most often in MS2002 since it's the plane I fly on weekends out of my local airport.Thanks Rob for all your hard work! BTW, the SF260 is a masterpiece!

Guest Twister

Hello Rob,Thanks a lot for the wonderful news.I'm quite sure that thousands of GA pilots who use FS2002 are very excited about this !I'd love to get a brand new C-172 panel ( I know it's a lot to ask).The default 2D panel looks like it's been taken from a mickey mouse movie...A panel like the one there was in Dreamfeet's 172 would be nice (hopefully this time with bigger gauges ).As far as I'm concerned, including the radio stack in the 2D panel is a waste of valuable screen space. You can always toggle the radios if you need to manually adjust your COM/NAV or XPDR.In any case, these are excellent news, I'm certain that this one will be immensely popular (I still miss your amazing Fly! 172 by the way)Take careTwister

No new panel I'm afraid, just the f/m and livery. A new panel would take another three months and we just don't have the time.Cheers,Rob

Take a look at the Carenado C172N. It's an excellent job, the panel looks almost exactly like the few 172s I've seen (hope to increase that number a lot from next year when I plan to start lessons :-jumpy :-yellow1).flight dynamics and visuals are nice too, not the overpowered (compared to the old 172s) 172SP that's the default 172 in FS (how many schools and rentals have SPs? Most have old M and N models that are 15+ years old).

Guest iflyskyhawks

>Take a look at the Carenado C172N. It's an excellent job, >the panel looks almost exactly like the few 172s I've seen >(hope to increase that number a lot from next year when I >plan to start lessons :-jumpy :-yellow1). >flight dynamics and visuals are nice too, not the >overpowered (compared to the old 172s) 172SP that's the >default 172 in FS (how many schools and rentals have SPs? >Most have old M and N models that are 15+ years old). I learned to fly in a C172SP and both of the primary flight schools here in San Antonio have some. I think they do the leaseback program with Cessna and by the amount you pay hourly, they're still making money! ;-)The beautiful thing about the Skyhawk is that whether you have a 2001 Skyhawk SP or a model a decade older, it's that same tried and true Cessna design!!

Guest Twister

Hi,I do have the Carenado. I find the gauges too snmall for my taste and tired eyes.I will perhaps try to resize the panel...and will get rid of the radio panel in the process...Twister