Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

TI4200 and 3D Mark score doubles and Overclock Questio

Guest abent

Nope, still no luck. I can get to 2.52 but when I run 3dMark it freezes the system.Oh well, I guess I'll live with 2.4 until someone manages to OC on this board. Did more research at various OC sites and it looks hopeless at this point.Thanks again everyone, Adam

Guest abent

Randall, the 2 FPS came after I upgraded the video card from the GeForce2 Ultra to the TI4200. The upgrade was done in 2 steps - first CPU/mobo, then vid card. FPS were up considerably after the cpu/mobo upgrade.Adam

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Trip,thanks a lot for suggestion.I've found this section in my system.iniminfilecache=65536maxfilecache=65536probably an old suggestion grabbed while browsing the forum (many hardware upgrades ago!)Now i changed it withMaxFileCache=524288Is that correct? Or i have to write 524.288 or 524,288?Do i also have to add a MinFileCache entry? How big should it be?"The problem is that, on computers with large amounts of RAM, the maximum VCache size can be large enough that it consumes all of the available addresses in the system arena, leaving no virtual memory addresses available for other functions such as opening an MS-DOS prompt."Very interesting reading...In effect some time ago i had exactly the problem described with "NOT ENOUGH MEMORY AVAILABLE ERROR" running an MS-DOS prompt or during a software installation (that drove me crazy!!!!!)My last 3DMark 2001 score is 9632.Now i'm going to try et's 41.09 (30.82 at the moment).Later...Luigi ;-)

Yes, that's correct. I'd only use the one value for the max and not set a minimum. Win98 memory management will always work better on a system with lots of RAM when left alone. But you need that one entry to stop the kind of problem you noticed with the DOS prompt.Trip

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Trip,just gave a quick go to Det's 41.09 and 3DMark scores is now 10349with default Riva Tuner settings and no CPU/Video Card OC at all.Thanks to your precious help i doubled my score and learnt a little more about Windows OS.I have one more question for you:can you, please, explain to me why, from time to time, especially after running batch files or DOS applications, my Riva Tuner (v2 RC12) Digital Vibrance setting revert back to default and i have to open again program and reload my preference?What is wrong with Riva Tuner v.2? Or perhaps it's only my fault?I tried several Detonators v30.82, v.40.52, v.40.71, v.40.72 and also v41.09 but nothing seems to change!I also emailed author and he told me there is nothing to do... too bad!!!!!!!! :-( What do you think?Thanks in advance for helping Luigi

I don't know the answer Luigi. I saw your other post(s) asking for help but I don't have a clue what's causing that to happen. - Trip