Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

TI4200 and 3D Mark score doubles and Overclock Questio

Nope, I got an Asus P4B533-E and there is not much info on the overclockers site about your board.

Guest abent

Thanks Trip. I will continue my reading. Before I changed the FSB to 134, I had to disable 'Auto Detect CPU FSB' in order to be able to even change the FSB. Maybe this was wrong. It seemed the only way to unlock the FSB. In my manual it shows different FSB settings, but really doesn't tell you how to apply them. Do you think I may need to flash the BIOS in order to perform these kinds of changes?Thanks again, Adam

Guest abent

Okay, thanks man.Yeah, I didn't see much that was positive about oc'ing this board either.Adam

Guest A386

Hello,you can overclock everything when you have a good cooling.CPU: P4 1700 @ 2078 MHzGPU: GeForce 3 200:460 @ 250:575 MHz (higher possible, not tested)I've mounted heavy cool sinks on the GPU+Memory, normal Cooler on CPU.Everything is cooled by air. I lost one PCI-Slot for the GPU cooler.I'll post my 3D Mark SE score soon when I have this tool.If you know how to overclock and know to cool down everything nothing will be damaged. Watch the 3D Mark forums folks for OC-Tips.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi Adam,which version of 3DMark are you referring to?I'm running 3DMark 2001 (Win98 SE) and with my new system:P4 2.53MBASUS P4PE768 DDR RAMASUS TI4200 128 MB (default clock settings)3DMark 2001 score: 5874 points! :-(Also, do you run tests with default settings?I do simply open 3DMark 2001 and click on benchmark button:1024x768x32 NoAA Z24 DXTC DB D3D Pure HW (it's what i can read).Can anyone please explain?Thanks in avanceLuigi ;-)

Guest SlimDady

Id say staw away from the cpu for now..U have far enough cpu.Try your video card first, an over clock on that will prob boost your frames more then the cpu..The bottle neck on your system now is the videocard.. though im sure u know that

Luigi - You're score is, indeed, about half of what it should be. Have you ever run the system with only 512MB RAM? Unless you have limited the vcache, Win98 can't cache more than 512MB and it could be that the memory performance is an issue that need to be looked at. Also, be sure that you have turned off all anisotropic filtering as that will also cause a lower score. And, yes, just run the tests with all the defaults.TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward 64MB GF4 Ti4200 300/57040.72's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 13223http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4569591

No, you don't need a BIOS flash unless something specific comes up in your reading that tells you it will be needed. So long as your DRAM Frequency is set to 167 and the AGP/PCI Frequency is 66/33 I can see nothing that would cause the system not to boot with a small change in the FSB. For sure we know the values are set back to the defaults because of the CMOS reset you did. So, now that you know how to do that, why not change the FSB back to 134 and see what happens? (And, yes, it's reasonable that you have to turn off the auto-detect to change the FSB frequency.) If the boot failure reoccurs then you know, positively, that there is a problem of some sort. And if the system does boot you're off and running. In either case, the only way to know what's really happening is to try the OC again.Trip

Guest abent

Okay Trip, I will try it again. I GREATLY appreciate the advice you, and others, have given me. I'll post my results. So, If it works, I ought to slowly keep increasing the FSB until I'm at say about 2700? I wouldn't want to over do it for sure.Thanks, AdamAnd I'm REALLY happy today - I just ordered RadarContact v.3!!!!Wonder how long it will take to get here.

LSangiovanni LIML, something is wrong with your setup.Even if I have no OCing at all (everything on default) I get close to 10000 points.And I only have a P4 2.4BCould you post the compare url to your score?

Guest abent

Thanks Kurt, I'll look into them.Adam

Guest abent

I managed to get the CPU clock up to 2.52 (140X18) (according to system monitor) and it worked fine. Any higher and I get a Windows Protection Fault and have to reboot. 3D mark says the processor is running at 2.48. If I actually try to run the benchmark, it says something like corrupted "landscape 0008" something or other.I'm gonna keep playing with it after I do some more reading.Thanks again, Adam