Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Adjusting the runway view

I've downloaded a couple of the Lancair files from this site and am perplexed as to the reason the runway doesn't extend down beyond the top of the 2-D panel. I can drag the window down with my mouse to below the panel to fill the blank part of the screen and fly the rest of the flight, but when I change aircraft or close out the flight and return later the black void returns. Is this a problem with FS98 and FS2K designed aircraft not being able to make the cross or is there a fix in the aircraft.cfg or other cfg file that's available?>:-)

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Hold down shift and press enter.

Aichaser,You have to go to the "panel CFG" to adjust that. Usually at the very bottom you will see an entry "default view". You have to adjust the "size_y" value to fill the space above the panel. Try changing that value to a larger number to fill in the gap. I believe +/-8000 is full screen and +/-4000 is half so according to how high the panel comes on the screen is how you will make the setting. This will be a permanent change!!!!! maxsdad

Thanx Maxsdad,You're correct. I downloaded the free FS PanelStudio guide from FSPanelStudio.com and did some digging around. There's a wealth of info in there regarding panel code even if you're not interested in purchasing the product. AIChaser:)

AIChaser,Thanks for the reminder.I do use FSPS and I went to their site and downloaded the latest updates. I was two behind. It's tough to keep up with all the software I have as far as updates are concerned. Usually someone on AVSIM will mention one then I go get it.Glad I could help.maxsdad