Sign in to follow this  

CaptainSim's 727 OR Iron Knuckles DC-9 (which to get)??

My wife has "allowed" me to purchase one of them and I am having trouble deciding.Any comments out there on which I should purchase and why?Both packages look awesome (I know the 727 is still in beta, except for the technical release)so any and all comments would be helpful!!Thank you!Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Get both. But first get the DC-9. Here is why:1. Just about bug-free.2. Cheaper.and the main reason:Because by the time the full release of the 727 is available, Christmas will be near and you will be able to figure out a way to get it also. C'mon, be creative...invite her mom over, buy here something special. The holidays are coming and you will be able to get her to say "okaaaaaay, I guess so...but only because you were so nice to Mom" :-lol

I'd go with the DC-9 all the way, they have much better customer service and its a lot less hassle purchasing their product

DC-9 hands down! Very trouble free, excellent customer support and easy to read instruments.

Thanks for the comments guys, please keep them coming!! :)With regards to customer service Captain Sim has always provided me with excellent service, responding to my emails quite quickly sometimes within hours of the initial email.It sure is nice to have great support from these payware companies :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Scoobe

I would go with the DC-9. Its a finished product and flies great. The 727 looks real promising and in the long run, might even be better, but who knows when it will be finished?Rob

To my mind the jury is still out until the fnal release of the CS727.They are both similar aircraft, and when completed will have almost exactly the same features.In both case you have to fly the birds from start to finish - there is no FMC.To this end the DC9 appears to have the running at this stage. The CS727 has difficulty joining a radial (this is an issue that may be fixed in the final release.As far as the 2D panel is concerned. The CS727 gauges are a bit harder to read, however, to my mind the panel looks more realistic, similar to the DF737. (BTW. The co-pilot looks better in the CS727).At this stage the CS737 does not have a VC, but I am extremely disapppointed with the one in the DC9.All in all, they are both good buys, and I have no problems recommending them to either.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

There is no excuse these days for having any fuzziness in a 2D cockpit.Fuzzy???????? Where, Mine is tack sharp??? Maybe you need to invest in a better monitor.

WHO NEEDS A VC IN A AIRLINER?Yes the VC could be better but I dont care because I fly my airliners IFR with maps on my yoke and my knuckels is made of iron.;-)//Johan

Guest A32X

Hi Guys,I have found the CS727 to be a great pleasure flying. It's extremley complex/realistic and when its finally released, (very soon) I can see it destroying all other addons. Also, I can't wait for the "check and set" program, it sounds amazing :-). If you wan't a challenge get the 727. Seat of your pants flying!I guess you should really wait for all the reviews. Regards,

Don't be so whipped (WAPAH!)!Just buy the DC-9 now and when the CS727 is released, buy it later. You have a job don't you? Use your money! By the time CS727 is released we will all be looking for something else to fly, that is pretty cool....

The DC-9 is my choice, Why!! Because its $10.00 cheaper and Flight1 will give you better tech/customer support.And yes it is a final release product.

Which would you prefer? (Mind you, this was the logic I used to decide on buying the DC-9):-An un-finished 727, that probably won't be released in its full form for a few weeks.-The 727 does have a VERY nice VC, which would be a selling point for me, but that isnt available in the current release.-IMHO, The visual models are of the same impecable quality.-Both packages have the same amount of clickable goodies on the panels.BUT...-The DC-9 is $12 US cheaper than the CS 727 Professional package.-The DC-9 is a finished productHope this helps you decide! :D I was in a similar predicament for two days, and couldn't happier with the DC-9.