Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 - Essential files

Hi all,Well its been about 2 years since I last bought/flew a flight simulator, so Im a little out of touch with what has been happening in terms of add-on/developments for FS2002. Was hoping someone could let me know hwat essential files I need, as well as great free and pay add-ons (aircraft/ scenery etc..) to enhance my flight simming experience??Thanks,Rich

This should get you started:FSUIPCActivesky by Damian ClarkTToolsAfcatAItmOceansfx1.zip by Ed TruthanOceansfx2.zip by Ed TruthanAgbldafr.zipAgbldusa.zipAgbldeur.zipWorldai2.zipAutogen replacements. Trees and buildings by GerrishThen search for specific areas of interest for mesh and scenery and for specific aircrafts of interest.

Guest crashing_pilot

hi there,welcome again :-)i personally cannot live without 767 pilot in command and the dash7v1.zip and dash7c1.zip(available here).the first one is payware,the other two are freeware(though if i had to pay,i sure as hell would!)that

and for shure have a look at www.projectai.comit realy looks GREAT

>and for shure have a look at >>www.projectai.com >>>it realy looks GREAT I second that. It makes a real difference to your experience, plus it is easy to install all the planes/routes etc. Setting up your own AI traffic using TTools is a bit laborious. But essential for adding life to some of the dead airports, see below:AFCAD - to add tower frequency, parking and taxiways to your favourite airport - essential if you like flying out of small airfields where Microsoft haven't bothered populating them. Pretty easy to useFSMaintenance - adds career mode/random failures/wear and tear. Gives your flying an edge. I've had a few white knuckle flights with this baby. See www.lagoonline.com for info/free trial.Did anyone mention FSNav? Much better than the crappy flight planner and map that come with FS2002. I wish that MS would give the guys that make this a big wedge of cash and incorporate it into Flight Sim.

and if you wanna go big and true.....visit www.vatsim.net (for real live ATC) ;D

Boy are you in for a treat! (And a lot of work!)Some are probably mentioned above, but some that I think you might be interested are:1. Certainly projectAI -- install them all. It's great stuff.2. The DHC-8 by Aleksiy Frolov (I may have spelled that wrong) includes a super-detailed panel for the Dash-8 and the best sound package available today. It's complicated, but really worth learning. Especially if you're eyeing the PSS DHC-8 coming out soon.3. You'll need FSUIPC, TTools, AFCAD, a thing called Autogenius that enhances your autogen scenery, (available in the library), FSW lights, sun, moon, clouds (http://fsw.simflight.com/)...4. FSNavigator is a map-based navigation and flightplanning tool that's been around for ages and I find very useful. It's payware but absolutely worth it.5. Taxiwaysigns.com has a lot of simple but excellent taxiway signs scenery that really enhance the experience.6. There's a really cool program called ActiveCamera that works wonders with your VC view. Awesome with the SF-260 (most likely mentioned above :)7. I really like Bill Grabowski's ERJ panel. It's available either here or a FSNordic.netWell, that oughta keep you busy. I know I'm leaving out a lot. Have a great time; you'll soon have a simulator that is nicely realistic, and utterly addictive.See ya round,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/Hammerhead.jpg

Thanks guys for all your replys.Im also looking for a good, realistic cessena and some mind-blowing scenery???