Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimD

cant stop the bells and whistles of the DC-9? ?????

for some reason, every time i shutdown the engines or start the APU while the engines are NOT running, i get a master caution and master warning light and bell every 30 seconds or so!i have read all the documentation i can on it, NOTHING is coming up!also, i still have not solved the mistery of the AOA indicator, seems to me like its useless, at least it doesnt work like the one in the REAL aircraft works!

Guest dpc

A couple of things.1. are you following the checklists in the docs?2. are you controlling the cabin preasure correctly?3. You can also the configuration utility that came with the package to suppress alarms until you are get use to the procedures

This should be normal... You can silence the warnings by clicking on the 'Master Warning' or 'Master Caution' lights on the main panel. There is also a button to inhibit Master Warning alarms altogether to the lower left of the throttle levers.

well, sorry to say guys, all your suggestions dont work.i have tried them before, clicking the button silences nothing, it comes on again 30 seconds later.i do FOLLOW the docs specifically and nothing changes. my cabin pressure is fine, i am on the ground, and all guages read normal!any more suggestions, i am ALL ears!

Guest TimD

Your problem is that you are not going through the checklist. Most likely you have not established electrical power, and are drawing from the battery. You need to either get the APU started and supplying power, or connect to external power.Also, the Master Warning will sound if either engine is out. For ground operations prior to start, you can use the Inhibit switch next to the throttle. This will silence that alarm for 5 minutes.You might also find quicker answers to your support questions on the Flight 1 Support forum herehttp://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg