Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

New 'Opera' Browser is fast!

Check out the new 'Opera' 7 beta (alternative to internet explorer) at http://www.opera.comThere are 2 versions one with JAVA at 12MB (recommended) and a smaller version (3MB) that assumes you have JAVA (or an earlier Opera)Give it a try, it's fast!Terry

Guest Vulcho

I was going to d/l that but the fact that it's beta doesn't seem very appealing.Has it ever crashed or caused any problems to you so far?When the official 7 comes out I'm sure to get it.I don't know how pepople can live w/o mouse gestures.And going back to a page, you do not have to wait until it reloads. Opera rules!http://turnhead.com/dot/alex/banner-retro-cool.gif

im a opera-fan quite a time now....and i still LOVE it. and, no, ive never had a crash with 7.01b

Guest JonP01

I bought and used Opera a couple of years ago and loved it. It was clearly faster than IE. The problem was that some sites I regularly visited would not work with Opera. That is the only reason I went back to IE. I might download it and try it again. Perhaps these problems have been resolved with the latest versions.Have you come across any websites that don't work with this latest version of Opera?

Alex,It works just great - I like it a lot - lots of neat features!Terry

Yeah, heaps of web sites don't display correctly in Opera. But for those that do display properly Opera does it the best :-) On the other hand, Internet Explorer has no problems displaying almost any web site...Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Guest JonP01

Hi Kitty,I guess when people develop websites, many of them mainly test them out on the "big name" browsers. I do know Avsim works fine with Opera though :-)

>And going back to a page, you do not have to wait until it >reloads. Opera rules! This is a REAL problem with Microsofts' IE . I remember the "old " days of IE3.2 -- the temporary Internet cache worked as it should -- but this feature has been "broken" ever since. Whenever , you click BACK , it redownloads a page that you have already been to -- sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't !!! It is THE most annoying thing about IEBarry

Guest freequest

I can use the inbuilt telepatic protocols in my USB modem to not only browse the web but the minds as the web page authers.:-xxrotflmao Hehe I wish :)