Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

How do I Turn on Pushback?

As far as I know you press either 1 or 2 (while the ATC window is closed) for right or left, after pressing Shift+P. It's best to stay in the same view mode as when you pressed Shift+P when you press 1 or 2 until the turn starts - otherwise it might not work.Hope that made sense.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I can't get the 1 and 2 keys to work during push, is there a fix?

hey man what you do is you start ther pushback(spot plane mode will be the best) then you you press 1 or 2 when you want, then the airplane lines up automatically on the taxiway centerline, well thats what happends on mine...Good luck man

Guest Stratus_Fractus

1,2 on the keyboard or number pad?

I use the 1 & 2 on the keyboard.I've heard reports of pushback not working properly with some panels though - so that could be a problem possibly.

Bill GriffithMy recent experience indicates that if the plane itself is equipped with a push-back device, then pushing 1 or 2 after shift+P isn't going to get you turned. Of course not all planes have a pushback device so the keyboard strokes should prevail.

Guest firehawk44

I also understand that when you hit Shift+P, then 1 or 2 on the keyboard, the plane will continue to pushback for approx the length of the jet. So it doesn't immediately turn when you hit 1 or 2. Personally I just pushback to the taxi position, hit Shift+P to stop the pushback, then steer the jet to the appropriate runway.Jim

Guest RonB49

I agree with everything that's been said but I'll add one point. When I first got FS2002 and was using the default planes, Shift+p seemed to work fine. Then I downloaded some third party panels and found that sometimes I could push straight back but could not turn using keyboard 1 or 2. The fix (posted by someone in this forum was to change the default hotkey from Shift+p to Ctrl+p. Now it works every time.My understanding is the the use of the "Shift" key is what confuses FS2K2 pushback. I have not confirmed that myself; once I got it working (now I can even make backward 360s or S-turns) I was happy. R-

LOL Shift to CTRL. Heh. I'll try that meself. I was having the same issue - even with the default planes after the full length of the plane. So I figured no one was in the right or wrong - my theory is that sometimes your computer itself has to do with it.That's what a tech support told me a while back anyway. So i shall try that CTRL trick and see if it works :-) Thanks. :-)

Read the same fix myself so have now assigned 'r' to push-back and it works with add-on aircraft; and you only need one finger to activate, not two :-)

RonB49 is correct, but I still continue to have issues with the turn function with certain aircraft only. If you're pushing back and the turn function does not work with the default aircraft, make sure you're pressing the keys in the correct seq. (Press SHIFT+P and hold these keys down, then press 1 or 2, then release the SHIFT+P keys)I know for a fact that 767Pic would not turn using the default keys of "shift+p". I reassigned the push back to the "," (comma) key.That fixed 767Pic, but as time went on, I noticed certain other aircraft still do not turn during push back, and as RonB49 stated, it has to be related to the panel.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

I'll try that.