Sign in to follow this  
FS Robert

Text-O-Matic AA Textures for IK DC-9

Guest Steve_Park

Has anyone be able to apply the textures for American Airlines by Michael Gallagher to any of the 8 versions of the DC-9 from Flight One. All I get is black textures. I even tried renaming the .bmp files to add the _template to the name, but no joy yet. Must be something simple, I just can't see it.Steve ParkKSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.com

Are you using the Text-o-matic to place the texture? Does the map show up in the TOM? I was able to apply the texture. I even changed the Text on the fuselage to be the correct font. I might upload it later.

Hi,I noticed that the bitmaps are mixed up.The bitmap which should be the alpha channel bitmap, actually is the master bitmap which Flight 1 released for repaint.The bitmap "American_a.bmp" should not look like it does. It should be an Alpha channel bitmap. Just take a look at the default Flight 1 DC-9 templates, and you know what I mean. The only bitmap which has to be changed is the one which ends with _a.bmp.Just copy one from another DC-9, and rename that to American_a.bmp.Staffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Works okay here via normal install with tex-o-matic.

Guest Steve_Park

Yes, I am using TOM, just like I have been using it with the DF734 since it was released. TOM does not show any bitmaps when the template is loaded, just a black screen. I will try the renameing of one of the other xxxx_a.bmp's and see if that helps anything, but so far it is the only texture template I can't apply. It is also the only one that does not use the "_template.bmp" in it's name. I have succesfully added the Northwest and Midwest Express along with some of the optional texture's from the Flight One site.Steve ParkKSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.com

Guest Steve_Park

I wonder if you may have a later version of the zip files. The one I have is aaik.zip and is dated 12/1/2002 2:13PM. Here are a couple of screen shot's of what I get:Steve ParkKSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.com

>I wonder if you may have a later version of the zip files.You may want to try grabbing it from a different site. aaik.zip works here.

Guest Steve_Park

Well, looks like I am SOOL. AAIK.ZIP is no longer available at avsim.com's file libary. I also checked Flightsim.com and Simaviation.com with same results. Jerry, if your zip files are dated different than mine, could you e-mail them to me and let me check to see if there is any difference in the .bmp file sizes or dates that Robert and I have.BTW, Semper Fi...7 year USMC (SSGT) also, 1966-1973. MOS 2816-2818-8411. Last station was Cherry Point, NC, where I got my PPL in 1971...sure miss those aero club prices, $10.00 wet w/instructor, but don't miss flying pattern's with F-4's, C-130's and C-5's in C-150's, T-34's and T-28's.Steve ParkKSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.comspark@starband.net

Guest Steve_Park

Thanks Robert...he must have relized something was wrong and reposted it. Thanks for the link..Can't try it just yet...too busy playing with the NEW Radar Contact 3.0 on a flight from KDFW to KLAX.Steve Park KSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.com

Guest Steve_Park

Well the new textures don't work either. The only difference I see are the times on the american.bmp file. Another thing I noticed is that the size of his files are about 3 meg smaller that all the other addon templates that I have added succesfully, 6.1 meg vs. 9.2 meg for the working ones. He did post over at the Flight One Forum and I left this post for him there also.Robert, did the new one's work for you. I noticed from Jerry's screen shots that his TOM also has the Archer and C421 also. I don't have either one of those GA aircraft, just the DF734, but that Text-o-Matic is in another folders.Maybe someone else will take it as a challenge and make a good, highly polished, American Airlines DC-9-31 template.Steve Park

>Well, looks like I am SOOL. AAIK.ZIP is no longer available >at avsim.com's file libary.The one I have is aairk.zip 2.56 meg.Check your email and see if your isp allowed a file that size to pass.

Guest Steve_Park

Jerry, Thanks for getting back to me on this. I now have a "Working" AA DC-9 livery in my fleet. I got an answer from the author of this texture in the Flight One Product Forum. Seems he saved the textures in "16" bit format instead of 24 bit and if you are using a high end graphic's card set to 32 bit, you will have trouble with the textures. You will notice that he has uploaded another AAIRK.zip to the avsim.com files section and I got it from his site so I am good to go now.Steve ParkKSDFWWW.Flightbase2000.com