Sign in to follow this  
Guest kdfw

How Should I Upgrade My Computer?

Hello everyone. I am looking into upgrading my computer so it runs programs such as FS2002 better. Here are my system specs:Pentium IV 1.8 GHz512 mb RAM60 GB Hard DriveATI RADEON 7000 64mb Graphics CardI would appreciate any suggestions on how I should upgrade my system. Thank you very much for any suggestions.

Looks like a decent system to me from the specs you provided. You really don't need to upgrade here if you are not planning to make your airports very busy. I have upgraded my PC twice now but after using AFCAD and pumping my airport KSFO to full capacity with an average of 50 gates, and 70% usage of those gates, my frame rate drops to 10fps no matter how powerful PC I have. I currently have dual athlon 1900+ MP with 1 Gig ram and ultra 160 RAID0 SCSI and ATI RADEON 9700 Pro. On airports with little traffic I get about 70 fps average but as soon as I am at KSFO with a lot of traffic, it really brings down my frame rate. The 70 fps that I get is with hardware settigs set to 90% of full performance potential (display settings).So it depends on how much traffic you plan to have at your airports and what kind of display settings you prefer with FS2K.Bobby

Guest kdfw

You may want to save your $$$ for a new rig when FS2004 comes out, that's unless you're the type who upgrades every 6 months (if so, the semiconductor industry thanks you). Your box looks to be quite fast right now.Pat