Sign in to follow this  

To all the FFG designers...

I first would like to say thank you to all the guys who design aircraft for FFG. I have a question that's been bothering me every since you guys released your new DC10 aircraft. I have noticed that the 2D panel doesn't have landing lights visible at night but the virtual mode does. The only problem here is that unless your planning on developing a virtual cockpit in the future, it makes no since to have this feature included in the 3D view. My question to FFG is why didn't you program landing lights in the 2D window in the first place????Hope I don't sound to direct, just wondering...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

This aircraft must be GMAX because you can see the landing lights from the cockpit. My point was the landing lights are only visible in the 3D cockpit view (but the aircraft doesn't have a virtual cockpit so all you have is a full screen view) and not in the 2D which you would need to see them in because the cockpit you'll be using in a 2D version. FFG did not make a virtual cockpit for this aircraft...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>This aircraft must be GMAX because you can see the landing >lights from the cockpit. My point was the landing lights >are only visible in the 3D cockpit view (but the aircraft >doesn't have a virtual cockpit so all you have is a full >screen view) and not in the 2D which you would need to see >them in because the cockpit you'll be using in a 2D version. >FFG did not make a virtual cockpit for this aircraft... None of the current FFG planes are made in gMax, though hopefully the future ones will be. And the reason why the landing lights can't be seen from 2D view is simply because FSDS designs don't support this feature. And why it can be seen from "3D view" and spot view but not in 2D view is simply because that's how FSDS designs work. Probably somekind a small piece of code is missing from FSDS landing light code. That "3D view" you mention and the spot view are basically the same thing. The difference is the viewpoint. Of course this is just "basically". There are some minor differences of course but let's not get into those now. The basic idea should be clear now...Ps. FFG has their own forum hosted at http://www.fsnordic.net