Sign in to follow this  

CH Products - Windows XP - Pentium 4

In the never ending quest to get more frames out of FS 2002, I'm about to take the leap and buy a Pentium 4 although I've been quite happy with my 866 mhz Pentium 3. I have two questions regarding the change:1. Will the pre-USB versions of Virtual Pilot Pro and pedals work on the Pentium 4 with Windows XP?2. Can I add a GE Force4 card down the road when I've got more bucks?Thanks for the help.Chuck

2. I'm sure you can add a GeForce 4 card in the future. By that time, you might be adding a GeForce FX.

Guest dcc

yes, I'm using the gameport VPP with a P4 and XP and it works great. You will need to d/l the XP drivers from CHProducts, though.- dcc

Guest Deeks

If you have the Pro Pedals you can pick up from Radio Shack a little gameport to USB adapter for under $20.00 and you will then have toe brakes like you would get with the USB pedals.:)

If I have the regular CH Pedals (not the Pro), can I use that usb converter to plug them directly into the usb port? As of now I have the VP Pro USB yoke, but I have to run my gameport pedals through an old VP Yoke gameport version to get them to work.I know that sounds confusing. In effect, I have to use a 2nd yoke to get my pedals to work.thanks!

Guest Deeks

No confusion here ...that's a limitation of the gameport in Win where-as USB just doesn't care ..knows what's plugged into it unless Bill Gates plugs it in and then it will protest :)I can't see why not as the toe-brakes in the pro pedals are just pots(variable resistors) as are the regular rudder pots in both pedal sets. Anyway it's worth a try for the few dollars wasted could save you a $100.00 or so. the Radio Shack part # is 26-164http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...t%5Fid=26%2D164I have the convertor set on Joystick A ( as there are 4 settings) and they show up as USB Adapter in the Game Controls in Control Panel. And you can set them in FS under Assignments/Joystick and select them from the Joystick Type drop down box. You may, in your case, have to set the switch for Joystick B.NOTE: Some ppl have problems with the USB pedals going dead sometimesso if this happens you may have to search for a fix to this problem ..there are a few known ones posted in these forums.Good LuckDeeks

Thanks to all for the help on this issue. What a great community this is.BTW, the USB game port adaptor mentioned above sells for $15.49 at Radio Shack. Such a deal!Chuck