Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stratus_Fractus

Fuzzy textures on FS2002 w/ XP

Guest bjornkeizers

Dear all, After installing the already infamous CFS3, I noticed that my textures in FS2002 became fuzzy, blurred, when looking at certain angles. If I look at a 90 degree angle from the fuselage, they're OK. If I slowly rotate towards to nose, they become all blurred. All of a sudden, my textures in Operation Flashpoint started flickering as well..So far I tried: -Changing color depth from 16 to 32 bit.-Uninstalling CFS3 [i thought drivers]-Uninstalling/reinstalling 2002 [probably corrupt configs?]-Rolling back my system a week.. -Another uninstall/reinstall.. -Upgraded my drivers.. [siS 630/730, 16 mb.] It's a laptop, BTWAnd still fuzzy textures. The textures in OFP don't flicker anymore, but that's all I managed to accomplishAny help would be very much appreciated.

Guest outtatimeiii

Try turning off mip mapping. That should help.

Hello man,you know what? very easy; CFS3 installs DirectX 8.2, and this isthe cause of all your problems.Each new DirectX release causes lots of pain.Now its completely useless to reinstall all your divers unlessyou succeed in uninstall Directx 8.2 which is very very pickyto do. Beware, otherwise you'll have to reinstall all XPand forget CFS3 for a while.regards.Arnie:-walksmile

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Maybe just maybe....DX9 beta will help you. Not sure where you can get it, but you most likely have nothing to lose. Final version should be out soon too.