Sign in to follow this  

NEW EGLL, EGKK etc by Gary Summons UK2000!!!!

Hi allJust to let you know, if already didn't know, Gary Summons designer of UK2000 scenery is updating all of his previous sceneries including a totally new Heathrow and Gatwick for Fs2002.He's also making all his work blend in with the new VFR photographic scenery.Check it all out on his site:http://www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/news.htmRegardsWill :-wave

WillA couple of questions for you ? :-)I have the UK photographic scenery for the eastern portion of the UK.Any idea when the western part will be released?Will a disc with all Gary Summons scenery be released?Peter

I don't have the link for the photographic scenery website, look on your box; i'm sure the website will be able to answer that :DI don't know whether a disk containing the whole of Gary's work will be released, i think you'd have to email him and ask.... personally i wouldn't be suprised if that does happen.I have a question for you, if you don't mind lol.Seeing as all the other pilots i know on msn are offline, maybe you can answer this for me.I've just been doing flight revision for my PPL, and i'd like to double check that whether i've got the basic understanding correct.I've been working on converting arcs of degrees longitude to time.Is the arc always measured from the prime meridian? .. if so then it's the time taken to get from that meridian to a choosen point e.g 135 deg W. Cheershttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3deb3be16daac29d.jpg

nice.his URL always amuses me. where it has puplic instead of public. what's all that about? licking puppies? bizarre.

Peter,Lee Ginty at Computermate Supplies Ltd. (where I purchase most of my software) has informed me that ALL THREE of the remaining VFR photographic scenery packages covering England and Wales (South and Central England, South West England and Wales, and Northern England) will be available on 17th January 2003.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi ChrisThat's good info, seeing as i'm planning to buy the whole VFR package.Not long to wait ;)Will

LOLYour lucky it isn't something else :-lol - pubi*Will

WillI am a little puzzled by your question as longitude is used to measure time from the prime meridian in the sense of time.So going west each degree is 1/15 of an hour later while going east each degree is 1/15 th of an hour earlier.Lat and long are used to mark a point on the globe and timing between two points can only be beween those two points not the prime meridian ???Peter

AH! Thanks, you've just made it a whole lot clearer, i was getting abit confused earlier where the time in relation to the arc should be measured from, for some reason while looking at my book i kept on thinking the prime meridian. I didn't think about the timing between two points at any location on the planet - opps, that explains it lol.Cheers for that, much appeciated.Will

......And reading over a few pages on helps also, it's all explained what you were just saying hehe... well i'm glad it has it ;)Cheers PeterWill