Sign in to follow this  
WAD3

Commander 115 - GMAX

<<<<<>>>>The thing about upgrading this model to GMAX is it will be able to live on beyond FS2002. FSDS planes will not be compatable with future versions although GMAX planes will. It may take a patch to get full functions in future versions of FS but I believe the Commander is going to be one of the longest running planes in FS history with this update.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

The FSD Commander 115 is my all time favorite plane to fly. I just love this plane. I will be getting the GMAX version as soon as it is available. I think a modest upgrade fee is more than worth it but your milage may vary. I would have purchased it for whatever the full price turns out to be. Thank you Owen, Tim, Steve and Jim.Jeff Williams (KDCA)

I agree 100%, Ken. This is primarily the reason I have taken on the task of updating the Commander in gmax...to keep it alive for future versions of FS.To answer another post, yes, frame rates are improved.Best,Owen

Guest Twister

To the FSD team,I think you are absolutely entitled to charge money for the new GMAX model.I will buy it for sure.If someone doesn't like the idea - it's very simple : NOBODY FORCES YOU TO BUY IT !!!Cheesh ! Does Microsoft give its Win XP software for free - even if you just purchased Win 98 (which is more or less the same OS )I don't think so...and for a good reason.It's perfectly allright for somebody to say "I already have the FSDS version of the commander so I don't think I'll purchase the GMAX version"...but you have no right to attack FSD for wanting to improve and release new versions of certain products.By the way, a new Cessna 172 (highly realistic) would be great... CheersTwister

Guest Jet

Where do I send the $5?For landing lights in 2-D, nothing could be better!!!Greg

And a GMAX Super Cub on flotation tires.......:-ukliam

I dont see how anyone can complain about an upgrade to such a great plane. 5 bucks is less than I spend on lunch and that only lasts about 10 min. I think many more hours of enjoyment will be had on the GMAX 115. Keep up the good work FSD you guys have consistently been supplying great products.Andrew

The original designer of the Super Cub has long since left FSD, taking with him the source. We will not be updating the Cub to gmax as an FSD project.Sorry for the bad news.Best,Owen