Sign in to follow this  

Where are the nice new planes??????

where are the nice new GMAX planes that for months and months are noticed as " coming soon"??. Overall there are far more previeuws, announcements than ever released products, Why???Bset regards,

why?because development now takes a lot longer. People loose interest, realworld obligations catch up with them, etc.Because ever more is expected of releases, ever more people also realise at some stage during development that they lack the data and/or skills to produce something that won't be flamed to the far side of hell and simply give up.Combine the two, and you get a scenario in which ever more projects are left unfinished.Lastly there is the possibility of people getting hired by commercial teams while in the process of creating a piece of freeware (mostly the more experienced authors of course) with the result that that freeware gets shelved or shifted into the commercial release schedule at a position somewhere down the line.As not everyone is as dilligent updating their websites a lot of the abandoned projects remain until their owners need the webspace for something else or the hosting contract runs out.

I often wondered the same thing. Coming soon means soon.. Maybe within a couple weeks to a month, not 6 months or longer.I've been watching a new project that started 14 months ago. http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/aircraft3-view/jamal_a4.htmlSeems to have stalled for a very long time now.Hopefully, there will be a coming soon announcement on this one some day.As popular as the A-4 iswas (I worked on them 6 years) no one has produced a real good detailed version.

Don't know what you're talking about. So many nice new GMAX planes came out in the last few weeks that I hardly have the time to really fly them all. Are you talking about some specific ones?Misha

Dear Paul, I for one am really looking forward (but patiently waiting)to your bus panel :-) and I also agree with Misha I`m still waiting on a L-1011! ..but take your time developers and perfect them because ther are so many new excellent a/c that one does not have enough time to fly/enjoy/get familiar with them!...IMHOregardsEd :-cool

Very nice P38 prototype. I will be taking her for a spin when she is ready. It was just on the History channel that the real one ran out of fuel and crashed after breaking a cross country speed record. Back to the question of where are the planes. We are flight sim designers, not time study people. Soon can mean anything from a week to whatever is needed to complete the project. If you cannot wait for a plane to be completed, you may build it yourself. :-lol

As one who was involved with a Gmax plane (Debonair) I can tell you that not only is Gmax difficult to work with-it also likes to eat your work every once in a while and put you back to square one.For our first release 6 months ago we were prepared to release it complete with a vc-which we had announced-only to have it about 5 days before release completely crash and take the entire vc with it-nothing left-nada.After that James Eden reworked the Vc at least 3 times-to have the same thing happen again and again. Finally we got the vc upgrade out before it went through its' little cycle again.So have a little sympathy for the hard working persons who have the patience to start over and over and eventually overcome the obstacles and get it out-especially when it is put out for free. :-)http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Guest crashing_pilot

hi guys,you guys are absolutely right..take all the time you need...i

Well said Jeff! gamx even had you for lunch(your head LOL). Dan

Hi,Here you go: http://www.eucomairlines.de/However, it is the same story there,....nothing happened for a very loong time with this L1011-500. :-(Staffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Guest Lindy

Hi Dan.... I guess you never did get my address, huh? I've sent it to you twice, but it doesn't seem to be going through. Anyway, wanted to let you know that I finally did GET Thunder Bay. Thanks to you and the team for all the hard work done on it. -Lindy :-wave

I guess the only thing that bothers me about some developers, mainly payware companys is that they tend to state a release date and then dont meet that deadline day. In other words they only set a presumtive date as a means of getting their product out in front of us all and get us slaivating for it.I like the way Flight1 handled the release of the DC9 they did not set any sort of date until the product was ready although we new it was comming just not when. Flight1 also released it as a final version not a Beta version.I have been waiting for a particular Turboprop that was slated for release in the early fall of 2002, this project is now two months past due and the developers have stopped giving updates.Frankly I would rather not know about a product so far in advance at least not until it is in its final BETA.And yes I do understand that problems do arise.