Sign in to follow this  

Where are the nice new planes??????

I'm not a big warplane fan, but that P-38 looks like a keeper. Kudo's for the "virtual wing" views....-John

My head is spinning with new stuff:Socata (free)Olexiy Frolov's 1.3 Dash 8 (free ... and awesome)the F1 DC-9Capt Sim 727Eurowings Prof ( a real sleeper I think .. awesome ATR-42/72 and BAE 146 ... good stuff well done ..)Radar Contact 3.0FS Avionic's Garmin 430 and 530Active SkyLago's Twotter R1, and R1.1Sky WorldTons of awesome excellent scenery .. some free some paylots if other stuff I can't remember (apologies to the authors)Coming real soon:Ralph Tofflemire's "Ready for Pushback" 747-200Sometime:PSS Dash 8Wilco's PIC A320A340 ExperienceAdd that to the best of what we already have Espen's Fokker 50Yannik's Falcon 50Bill G's ERJ 145PSS A320DF 737PIC767PSS 747PSS 777and others I can't remember (sorry and apoligies to the authors)Honestly there is such a large "flow" of stuff that I can hardly keep up ... not sure what you all want?I guess a line from an old Door's song "We want the WORLD and we want it NOW" sums it up. And perhaps add "You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time" (Will Rogers ... I forget) and my friend Buddy B "Everyone's a critic!"Regarding publish dates ... when you have tried to develop very complex software and succeed in doing it on time ... then God love you because you will be the first on this planet.I have a hard time deciding what to fly !!!O well

Hi,Well, just consider the enormous amount of time and effort needed to develop a complete package. Just to give an idea: I started my ATR 42-300 by programming gauges for someone else's project. That other person disappeared when I had already spent 8+ months programming gauges. Then I decided to make a plane to host those gauges. It took me some two years to make a complete plane including model, textures, gauges and flight dynamics. By that time, I was working far away from home (2 hours driving + 1 hour flight), so I had lots of free time to dedicate to the project: roughly I was spending 4 hours a day during 2 years, (excluding weekends which I used to travel back home and see my wife). Even considering that much time available, I released an aircraft with a lot of bugs and defficiencies, and only after two more versions I stopped receiving mails like "Hey your plane is wrong, send me immediately a fix" or "You shouldn't have released such a rubbish"... That period ended, and I came back home. Now I can hardly spend 4 hours per week on my hobby, so if I had now to make a project like the ATR, starting from scratch, it should theoretically take me 5 times longer, that is... 10 years! Considering that, on top of that, I have to travel quite often due to my job, a 6 months delay is not that long. Fortunately, I learnt a few things with the ATR, which was my first project, and I hope to be a little faster from now on. So, I'm working on an ATR 72-500 to complete the ATR series, and aiming to a Lockheed Constellation, while working together with another designer in a Cessna 421. When will they be ready? Well, as soon as I finish them. Pacowww.arrakis.es/~pacosansailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

I think that this thread illustrates an important point that will affect us all in the not-too-distant future. With each new release of FS the bar is raised and it becomes increasingly difficult to build a plane that matches up to expectations. With FS2002, we've had GMax, shinyness (!), VC's, etc. To produce a plane that takes advantage of all the new possibilities is a major project, and one that is hard for an individual to achieve. Unless that individual is unemployed/retired. So, you have to have a team effort - with all the difficulties of communication, teamwork, and organisation that entails.The net result is that many promising projects will fail due to someone just not being an expert at everything, or not having enough time. Many projects will fail due to issues surrounding putting together and keeping together a team of people geographically distant. People who work on the remaining successful projects are increasingly tempted to go down the payware route because you have to justify the massive investment of your time.My point is, that with each new release of FS, the likelihood of quality Freeware being available is decreased. That is a shame, because the range of high quality free add-ons is probably the best FS feature. It certainly is one of the major factors in supporting the flight sim community we currently enjoy. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about this - I'm sure someone will try and prove me wrong... ;-)

Let's see no Gmax aircraft? Hmmmmmmmmmm I can name just a fewMike Stone - B1900, B757, IL-96, soon to be released Falcon 2000FSD - SenecaProject Opensky - B747-400, CRJ, B767-400, Airbus 330Meljet - 747-400FFG - Saab 340And those are from the prolific builders, there are many others out there.

Guest Pabra

You big teaser you..;) Looks spotless as allways. Let'er rip!Paul

Hmmmm... That looks kinda nice...(Okay, I'm kidding. It looks awesome!) Hope it'll be out in time for "the Holiday Season." What a present to the FS community that'd be!Rob D.:-beerchug