Sign in to follow this  

gauges usage......

Guest dek

Hi all, Is it correct to say that it is illegal for someone to use a gauge from one payware aircraft as part of a gauge package to sell in a different company's payware aircraft?Isn't this what is called "piracy"?dek

Yes.Once you've bought the original aircraft/panel you can use any of its components on your own system and in any of your own planes, but using it for financial gain without the prior permission of the original author is strictly forbidden, as stated in just about every Terms & Conditions provided with a payware product.

Guest dek

If this is correct, then someone needs to explain how FSD gets away with including the FS2002 GPS gauge in their payware SenecaV!!Or is it possible to change one or two little things in the gauge and then repackage it?dek

If it's just the FS2002 GPS guage, all they do is reference it in their aircraft or panel config, and since you already have FS2002 it opens the one that's there.Or are you saying that the fs2002gps.gau (don't know the exact name offhand) is being included in the FSD .zip?

Guest dek

Thanks Peter, I guess the point is that if you don't include the gauge then its OK to just reference it.So someone could actually use all FS2002 gauges and produce a payware panel.dek

Guest RonB49

"So someone could actually use all FS2002 gauges and produce a payware panel."Sure, but who'd buy it? I'll venture a guess that it would take about 2 minutes before the author would be crucified on every flight sim forum on the Internet. ("Not that there's anything wrong with it." Seinfeld, C. 1999.) R-

As long as the gauge serves its purpose and looks like the real thing I don't give a darn whether it's a custom job or an MS default gauge.With handheld GPS units there are so many different ones that using the FS default (which serves its purpose rather nicely) is an excellent alternative to driving up the price of the product by building a custom one from scratch.I didn't hear anyone complain when Dreamfleet included it in their Archer (I think) and 737, or when FSD included it in their C115TC so what's suddenly the problem?Just because Flight1 has done a custom job on the Garmin 530 and Dreamlfleet on the 430 in their latest releases everyone has to now include a fullblown custom GPS?Did FSD claim to have a custom GPS? If so, they're not being truthfull. If not, nothing wrong.

Hello there, allFSD Seneca V's Panel configuration file references to the default GPS gauge already included in MS FS2002. This gauge is not altered in any way and is NOT redistributed by FSD; again it's alredy in your computer after FS2002 installation. I hope this clarify and put an end to this discussion.Best,http://www.malvespainting.com/fsd.gif

I would imagine that most addon aircraft use some default FS2K2 qauqes. (Hope I don't get crucified if I'm wrong on this! LOL).