Sign in to follow this  

CH throttle and yoke problem!!!

I have FS 2002 and I am useing USB CH pro throttle,USB flight yoke,USB pro pedels.I had a USB flight yoke LE working with the above peddles and throttle. I would delete the joystick assignment for the throttle on the yoke and use the pro throttle. All was well with the system.I bought a new USB flight yoke with prop and fuel levers. When I installed it the throttle part of the pro throttle stopped working.All other buttons still work on the pro throttle.I went in and made sure that the throttle on the yoke was deleted as before. And assigned the FS 2002 throttle to the pro throttle.It stills does not work??? I then deleted all of the levers on the new yoke and the pro throttle would not work the throttle on FS2002. I have all of the CH stuff pluged into the computer not into a hub.I have checked within the Win joystick setup and I have calibrated the pro throttle amd the throttle part of it works. It just seems that FS 2002 just does not see the throttle part of the pro throttle.I am at a lost why the throttle of the pro throttle would stop working. Of course when I called CH products tech support they did not have a guess as to why it stopped working..Thanks for any help I will get!EddieI run a:P4 1.5 intel512 ram128 G-Force 4 video cardWin-ME

Eddie,Have you downloaded and installed CH Control Manager software? If not then you should. Get it here... www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_support.htmlOnce you have created a MAP file - this involves adding each of your three pieces of hardware into Control Manager - you should find the devices will be recognised properly.How are your devices described in Control Panel / Game Controllers? Are they: -Ch Flight Yoke, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals or are they: -CH Control Manager Device 1CH Control Manager Device 2CH Control Manager Device 3If the latter then things are setup properly although the Yoke may be the wrong type. If they are the former then you haven't installed the CH CM software which is essential to get them to work properly.Oh, finally, I suggest you rename your FS2002.CFG file and allow FS to create a new one when you have properly identified the hardware. Although you will need to reinstate your preferences this is far easier than trying to remove the incorrect hardware sections from that file.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, >>Have you downloaded and installed CH Control Manager >software? If not then you should. Get it here... >www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_support.htmlI do not have control manager installed. With the LE yokeI did not have to have it for all three to work. Besidesthe first two versions did not work well...Guess I could give ita try...if they have a better version.>>Oh, finally, I suggest you rename your FS2002.CFG file and >allow FS to create a new one when you have properly >identified the hardware. Although you will need to reinstate >your preferences this is far easier than trying to remove >the incorrect hardware sections from that file. Maybe if I rename the CFG file and then let FS2002 create the new onethey will work without CH Manager...If that does not work then I willgive CH Manager a try.Thanks Eddie

Eddie,Although you can use the CH hardware without the Control Manager software you're not getting the best use from it especially as you have the Pro Throttle. V1.32 works fine and I have been using it for some while. It's not easy to understand at first but once you do everything clicks into place.You will have noticed the Pro Throttle has three modes of operation. Using the CH software will allow you to configure the Yoke, Pedals and Throttle as 9 virtual devices - in other words you can have 3 different configurations for each device. So, for mode 1 you could set it up in jet mode, mode 2 could be as a turbo-prop and the third mode could be something else. Those levers on the yoke could be made to do different things depending on which mode you were in. This isn't possible without installing the CH Control Manager software.It's worthwhile persevering with to get the best out of this great hardware - honest!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Eddie, Check the sensitivities page in FS after you assign the throttle axis to the CH throttle. I have found that when using multiple controllers, sometimes FS sets the sensitivity to zero which in essence makes it not work at all. It happens to me all the time when I assign axis's to my SunComm throttles. If that is the case then all you have to do is set the sensitivity slider full right and give it a small null zone and off you go.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Thanks Ray And Ken,I will try your ideas..Eddie

Hey Ken !That was the problem....Set them and now it works....Thank for you help!!!And thanks for everyones help!Eddie