Sign in to follow this  
Guest ErezS

Somebody know what is the suffix of A380?

Guest bisinchi

It would probably be something like A388, then the following depends on the equipment, but should be pretty similar to that of the 744.Fran

Sorry Erez,It looks like I may have misunderstood your question. I agree with Francois, it will most likely be "A388/something"Back in March when Lufthansa flew EDDF-KJFK, the aircraft type was listed as "Airbus A380-800 (quad-jet) (H/A388/Q)" On that flight,the callsign was suffixed with "Super" instead of the traditional "Heavy". Not sure if this was showboating, an FAA requirement because it was a test flight, or if this will be used for all A380 flights. So it will probably be A388/H (or possibly 388/S ??)Now for the Navigation Equipment, this is what will vary by carrier. Below I have listed a handful of B744 worldwide operators. as you can see, the on-board equipment differs slightly by carrier.AFR - B744/H-SIJRWXY/SACA - B744/H-SHIRWXY/SBAW - B744/H-SIRWXY/CDLH - B744/H-SEHIJRWXY/SNWA - B744/H-SDHIRWXY/CQFA - B744/H-SDHIJRWYZ/CSIA - B744/H-SDHIJRWXYZ/SSAA - B744/H-SHIRWXY/CUAL - B744/H-SDHIJRWXY/CVIR - B744/H-SIJRWXY/CHope this helpsBob

Guest ColdBear

Ian,I've never seen the transponder /SD. S is mode S, but what is D? I know there is a mode D, but I have no clue if it is being used?Also, why would anybody fly without a mode S xpnd? I know that by the 31st March this year that mode S shall be carried in England(look above at BAW)?[EDIT] Just found out by looking in Jeppesen that D in the survaillance equipment is "ADS capability" [/EDIT]MartinStudying for IR/ME

/SDIs as you said mode S transponder and the D means the aircraft has datalink.Datalink is another form of communication between aircraft and ATC/ground staff, specifically, requesting Oceanic Clearances, ATC Clearances at Airports, and en-route requests, such as level changes, which I know is used in Australia.Cheers

Guest dougsnow

>On that>flight,the callsign was suffixed with "Super" instead of the>traditional "Heavy". Not sure if this was showboating, an FAA>requirement because it was a test flight, or if this will be>used for all A380 flights. I was reading in the FAA Order 7110.65 - The Air Traffic Control Handbook, that Super will be the codeword for the A380, in place of Heavy.