Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimD

Flight 1 DC-9 sounds and bells

Has anyone been able to follow the checklist completely so that there are now warning lights or bell sounds through out the entire flight? I will attempt one tonight. I am just currious if anyone is able to fly without suppressing the bells and whistles, by following the checklist to the "T"....BTW... I agree with everyone, this is one terrific airplane.....It is great for those smaller airports, besided the internationals. Flew it into Dutch Harbor, Alaska. The approach was wild, just like the landing....

Hi,I also got the "bells and wissels" until I managed the Cabin pressure as it should. Be sure to setup the Cabin Pressure before you take off, and you will probably hear no warning sounds. ;-)Staffan AhlbergFreeware Flight Group

Staffan

Thanks,I will look into the manual to see about how to set up the cabin presure. It is hard to imagine how intricate the DC-9 is, deffinatly a learning curve with this one....

Hi there,I was able to fly the DC9 from Palm Beach to Detroit last night, with no warnings after I started the engines...it seems there are audible warnings (horns) that will not turn off until you do do lite the fires...Flight1 is aware of this and they say they will release a fix for it. Just do like you said earlier, follow the checklist to a "T" and you will have no problems :-)

Guest TimD

Try loading and using the Cold And Dark Flight and Checklist, which is available .This will get you up and running from a cold cockpit, and get your engines started. You might also want to stop by the [link:www.simforums.com/forums/]Flight Operations Forum and check out the DC 9 Cabin Pressurization How-To. With your engines running, your electrical system supporting the battery, and the cabin pressurization working correctly, you will silence the alarms. Just as it is in an actual DC 9 cockpit.Keep the blue on top!http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Signature_F1.jpg