Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Question-What should we all do about Wilco Publishing?

Hi all,... sorry to add to the near end of Wilco's products, butthe soft lasted ten minutes only on my HD, not a single more...fortunately I did not buy it as I've already been so disapointedwith their products.Thanks to them only for RW voice.regards to all.:-walksmile Arnie.

Guest WorkingStiff

>Hi all, >>... sorry to add to the near end of Wilco's products, but >the soft lasted ten minutes only on my HD, not a single >more... >fortunately I did not buy it as I've already been so >disapointed >with their products. >Thanks to them only for RW voice. >>regards to all.:-walksmile >>Arnie. I'm assuming that by "RW voice" you mean Roger Wilco. Roger Wilco is made by Gamespy Industry www.gamespy.com and not by Wilco Publishing.

I bought the product and because Wilco decided that they wouldn't test their product on ALL Windows operating systems I am stuck with a POS package that doesn't work because it has problems with some Windows 98 and ME systems! And because they failed to warn the buyer of this before the bought it they now can't take the product back for a refund.....which happened to me! I brought it home, opened the CD and stuck it in the tray.....it installed fine but when i went to load one of their airports i get a message "computer has insufficient memory to run program, FS2002 will now close"......well I went out and bought 2 256 Mb of RAM chips and tried to reinstall and reload another airport........and the same message occured! I emailed Wilco and they told me that their working on a patch for the problem, well I was about to take it back when i realized the stores don't refund software after the seal has been broken and the plastic unwrapped! so now i'm out $40 for the game and another $100 for the 2 Memory Chips! Seems like another company being run by a "Ferdy" if you ask me! It's a scam! NO one buy this product!~Brent Burklo

Guest sbdwag

Do you really think that Wilco give a nats butt about us on the forums no... We are few. What they are much more interested in is coming up with a pretty box and having it on the shelves before Christmas thats where the real numbers are.Dennis

Can someone post screenshots of this thing? I'd like to see "the horror" for myself.As an aside, this will be the only Airport series that I will not buy and it seems to be ashame. This is blatent disregard and quite frankly I cannot find room in my heart to cut Wilco any slack because they are a professional for profit business venture who IS ACCOUNTABLE to their customers period (full stop; for you Limeys! :-lol)Look, developers know when the product they have been working on has glaring holes in it and I absolutely refuse to believe that Wilco was so short sighted not to alpha / beta test this program with people who are running everything from Win98 on up to WinXP. Furthermore, to show all those videos of FSNAT in action and then require the customer to do it themselves (with no prior notice) is an outrage.So, as to your question, what should WE do? Nothing, besides not purchase Airport 2002. What THEY (Wilco) should do is be big enough to admit that Airport 2002 is a pig, discontinue sales, request that all distributors remove it from store shelves and issue this community a hardy and heart felt apology with an explaination and assurances that those who were fooled into purchasing this product (yes, they made a LOT of claims that it appears to be quite false on their web site) that this title will be fixed without predjudice.Furthermore, if this title is NOT doing all it was claimed to do, Wilco could find themselves in hot water in many countries with consumer protetion laws!Just my humble opinion and my sympathy to those who own this title.Mike T.

Sort of off topic, but did you say you got RC v.3 today? I'm so excited! I ordered mine a few days ago, and was really hoping they didn't take weeks to send it out. When did you order yours?

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I disagree. Most FS add-on software is relatively cheap - peanuts, in fact, compared to what it actully does. When it's good, it's generally worth much more than the price paid and gives endless fun (more than the average music CD over the course of its life - and there's no chance of a refund on that if it's a dud, even though CDs are nearly always the product of a major multi-national). How many people send in an additional payment to a flightsim publisher when the product exceeds expectations?So when a small, flightsim publisher produces something that's bad, I shrug it off and hope the next offering will be better. I sleep easier knowing that they are out there, developing something that can help make my dreams come true (as they usually do). I fear the day when carping, penny- (or cent-) pinching moaners drive such publishers out of the market, leaving me with just the (usually) dreadful 'freeware' offerings. I would prefer FS software to be more expensive and targeted at just those who are seriously interested in aviation (leaving 'freeware' to the virtual plane 'spotters'). If I had any criticism of the commercial FS publishers, it would be that they target too wide an audience and sell their products too cheaply. But I prefer not to criticise FS publishers because - as a whole - they have made so many of my dreams come true (and at very little cost).

I do not subscribe to theory that if there is a poorly done payware product then we just keep quiet not to offend these guys hoping next time they will do it better. No, most likely if we don't complain they will keep on generating more substandard products. And also your indirect implication that something must be expensive to be done well - there are plenty counter examples - just look at scenery from Gary Summons or German Airports - they stay within "normal" price range yet offer phenomenal quality. The 'dreadful' freeware ? I consider myself a very discriminating FS user and I still managed to accumulate at least 100 free airports - most of them of payware quality. Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Speedbird,No offense but that is an extremely myopic, self-centered point of view to take. So in your opinion, you believe that this hobby should be for elitists only whilst the youngsters, teens and those who have to scrimp and save just to blow $35 dollars on an add-on should be kicked to the curb? In your opinion, developers should push out the door what they wish, good or bad, should charge more, and we should shut up and like it? Hmmm, interesting concept. Okay, cool. Then I will be developing Airport 3000 where I acurately model every single airport ever built. It will even include baggage handlers that put your bags on the wrong flight, animated union workers picketing in front of the terminals, airlines going out of business in real time. It also includes my new animatronic robot flight attendant and passengers (shipped seperately, some assembly required). It will also include my patented mega-real 12 Dimensional cockpit that not only will be THE most realistic flight deck ever developed for any flight simulation, it will be EVEN MORE realistic that the actual real-world cockpit!!! I will release it soon but I will take YOUR pre-order now at michael@toussaintonline.net at the low, low, LOW price of $850,000 USD (Visa, Mastercard, and First Born Children accepted).But seriously, hey man, I'm truly happy that YOUR "dreams have come true", after all, that's all that matters right? :-rollBest,Mike T.

"So when a small, flightsim publisher produces something that's bad, I shrug it off and hope the next offering will be better."Your obviously a tolerant guy ! all Wilco's releases have been dogged with problems with the exception of PIC767, even then the aircraft was horrid. In respect of cheap, you must be a wealthy tolerant guy. It isnt cheap if it dosnt work surely ? If people have purchased on the strength of what would appear false claims, then if anything they've been stolen from. Wilco have had the money under false pretence. I think they call this fraud and they should be reported to Trading standards and the manager of the store they purchased from, enough complaints will see it removed. It will be interesting to see if the UK distributor will withdraw it from sale, this will be a test of their policy or expose them as box shifters who dont give a flying **rt about true customer service.Wilco have had many a chance to put this right (they read this forum) before it was released, it smacks of greed and dubious business practice.If Wilco thinks this on line community does not matter, think again Wilco, we have the power. We've proved it once and will continue until you either get your act together or fold.Bye bye Wilco, you wont be missed this time.George

Guest Toni Rauch

Wow Mike!...And you accuse ME of writing aggressive or sarcastic threads?No offence Mike, but why not look at the product yourself and form your own conclusions about it before jumping on the band wagon? There might just be something in it that you like and then what will you say?I don't think that Wilco's history has been that bad based on their previous releases, after all. Just my 'Limey' two PENCE worth. ;) Toni.

If you really unhappy about Wilco Product - I belive - they are a respectable company - and they will arrange for a refund - - if requested. Netherless - there are so many negative posts about Wilco Airport 2002 Vol. 1 - - that is telling you - Never believe in Banners Advertisments - like this for example which is right up your head Now!!

Hello,I'll reply few words just not to let some false rumors or words be said.1. WINDOWS 98/Me================Indeed, we have a problem with Win98/ME and we have immediately said we were doing a patch. Taking a bit more time, but nothing we could do about it. We are very sorry for the trouble and apologize and have apologized since the beginning.2. FSNAT ========FSNAT is an engine that we started from scratch. What it does? Well, you know. In Airport 2002 we have included 188 animations (I have counted myself) and on top of this we gave the tools to create much more. And when we speak about animations, it includes full 3D sound, real types of movement and all types of lighting and scripting possibilities to interact with users aircraft... Does it work? Yes! And very well. Does any other program/tool allow you this type of animation in Flight Simulator. No.Why when you get to an airport you don't see immediately the animations? Because it has been scripted to wait for aircraft to land before that catering truck will move and followed after by fuel truck etc... So obviously, if you just slew, you might need to wait a little to see the airport in full animation.Should people write their own scripts? For those who want, we have done a manual and launched a tutorial to animate in less than 3 minutes vehicles, aircraft,... and we have supplied new sets of animations (more coming in the very few days). Those who don't want can simply use the supplied animations or share them from other 'scripters'.As a comparison, few programs (tools) have been published in the recent years, doing only a fraction of what FSNAT does at the same price than the entire Airport 2002 Vol.1 package.3. PERFORMANCES===============Reports have been made more than once by many people to compare our airports with others from other sources. Performances are not lower than other highly detailed airports. We are no magicians. Adding scenery has NEVER increased a frame rate. Is it running fine on today's machine (recommended 1.4Ghz+good graphic card)? Yes.4. AIRPORTS===========Are the airports looking nice ? You might see that general comments are very positive. Are there some "minor" mistakes ? We are listening to your feedback and may update Airport 2002 Vol.1 if necessary. 5. AIRCRAFT===========We have found a way to pilot an airplane from the Virtual Cockpit. As you can imagine it has been hard work to find out and we are pretty proud to be able to introduce it. Is it working? Yes and nicely. Should people get use to work with VC's? Yes. Will you find all the systems you had on a Pilot in Command type of product? No. If so, it would have been a '737 Pilot in command'. Does it do all what has always been claimed? Yes. Finally, some accusations have been made saying that we were only looking for financial reward. I believe that today there is no single publisher that has set its target to financial rewards. We are excited to present what we have developed and are pleased to share it with many people around the globe. Fortunately a vast majority of people have sent us wonderful comments about the joy of flying in full 3D cockpit and the feeling of "it looks just like being there" or saying how much they simply liked to see this activity around the airports.I invite people not to continue to argue based on unfounded rumours, on comments of people that have never seen the product, or have tried it for 10 minutes... I do not intend to open an argument here, but just to give some of our feelings about some unfair and biased comments.Best regards,Michael RenousWilco Publishing

Guest sfgiants

I think your response is valid and appreciated.Maybe a nice patch will be a nice reward for everyone who have ourchased your product.How is the other add-on coming along?I wish I could use FSNAT on other airports besides the ones you gave us. Any new on if we will be able to do this?Tim

Guest Toni Rauch
Well said Michael!Not so sure about that - I reckon I could name at least one.'Bravo' for posting a response. At least it shows you care.Toni.