Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Question-What should we all do about Wilco Publishing?

What will be your companies response on refunds???????Obviously, there are many people who believe that Airport 2002 doesnt work.

Mike,I won't be placing a pre-order with you because I don't think you could do all that and offer it at such a low price. :-wink2 I'll keep dreaming and forgiving, you do what you think is best.Best regards.Michael

Guest flightpro08

>3. PERFORMANCES===============Reports have been made more than once by many people to compare our airports with others from other sources. Performances are not lower than other highly detailed airports. We are no magicians. Adding scenery has NEVER increased a frame rate. Is it running fine on today's machine (recommended 1.4Ghz+good graphic card)? Yes.True, but you're product specifcally says that it will have no major impact on frame rates. Other companies who produce detailed sceneries do not make such claims, and as you said, there is no "magical" way of making sceneries less of a frame rate hit. Seems like a bit of an exagerated comment to me.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

>In respect of cheap, you must be a wealthy tolerant guy. George,I am less wealthy than I would have been had I steered clear of the many, dross add-ons out there. (Just can't resist.) But I am much more wealthy (and happier, and have logged more flying hours) since giving scenery packages a wide berth on principle!! :-mad Best wishes.Michael

>I do not subscribe to theory that if there is a poorly done >payware product then we just keep quiet not to offend these >guys hoping next time they will do it better. MichaelNeither do I. But I would not want to drive all talented, experienced developers out of the market and deter others like them from joining it. I believe in keeping a sense of proportion in regard to this sort of thing.Best regards.Michael

>No offense but that is an extremely myopic, self-centered >point of view to take. >>So in your opinion, you believe that this hobby should be >for elitists only whilst the youngsters, teens and those who >have to scrimp and save just to blow $35 dollars on an >add-on should be kicked to the curb? Mike,Oops, forgot to mention this - but if a product is really not to my liking then I find it helps me to live with my myopia and self-centredness by giving it away to people less fortunate than myself who genuinely cannot afford it. These folk often take great delight and overlook all sort of faults in the product and get more joy out of it than I ever could. If they don't like it, or it doesn't work on their system, they can sell it to a second-hand dealer and at least get some cash out of it. Meanwhile I can remonstrate with the developer to try and do better next time for those lucky few, like me, who have so little to worry about in life that a disappointing add-on completely spoils the day.Best regards.Michael

Guest Sabadin

The only place on their site that mentions no severe frame rate hit is under the FSNAT description from what I read.

I have to agree with Michael Renous on one major point. Maybe that advice should have been on the package and this issue would not have surfaced. I have one machine totally dedicated to FS 2002. It has a GForce 4 TI4600 with 1024 of RAM on a 2.0 Ghz PC. Sliders are maxed. There is nothing on this 80 gig 7200 HD but flightsim stuff. Terrain mesh, 3rd party A/C and scenery, the lot. The disk is defragged before each loading of FS2002 and Windows 2000 PRO is the OS. Every start up program that is not necessary to running the sim is disabled. These are the witchcraft procedures you have to do to get decent frame rates with high end eye candy products like Airport 2000.So maybe we have too exhuberant a marketeer at Wilco. But at least Wilco responds to the sim public with a credible position and promises of a fix. Remember Papa Tango when ye judge. Old Navy PilotI always wondered why people climbed into civilian aircraft and just drove them around the sky without packing any armament in case they needed to shoot at someone.

Michael I have filed a support issue with your company. I am running Windows XP Pro with 768mb RAM, 1.6GHz P4, Geforce 3 Ti 200, FS2k2Pro and I am getting an error message at the very beginning of the install. The error message is "Error extracting support files: Catastrophic failure". Any idea why? I have gone through hell to get this product and now it won't install. I was one of the early hopeful pre-purchase customers that waa dumped due to a server error at the time of purchase. I received email stating that I was in line for an early copy. The rest is history. I was eventually able to get a copy from ebgames but now this. I'm still a frustrated customer.

Ken,It sounds like a faulty CD or an antivirus problem. Could see if you don't have other programs running (such as antiviruses resident programs...).If this does noty work, can you try copying the install files on your CD and try the install from your Hard Disk?If still not successful, I believe that an other CD should solve the problem (this is to be checked with your local supplier)Hope it solves it,Best,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest shaunm

Hi Michael I'm one of those people who are still waiting on the patch. I have your software sat on a shelf at home and can't do any thing with it. I dont want to return it to the shop as i believe it will be a good add on for flight sim. But please, how long will the patch be. A day,a week, this side of Christmas. My system is win98se,amd athlon 1.2,geforce4 Ti4200 and 512 meg of memory. Shaun.

Mike,Still havent seen a response to Wiloc Pub offering a refund to those who are not happy with Airport2002 Vol. 1 ??????Brian

Guest groundpounder75

To all the people dumping on Wilco for Airport 2002 Vol 1, I wanted to ask when are you guys are coming out with new software for FS2002 that can do something that has never been done before? What, you don't know Visual Basic or C? You guys have to cut Wilco a break. I haven't seen this product yet but I am interested in seeing it and I know coming from an engineering background that it is always easier to criticize someone elses work. Try doing somethig that will cause you to stick your neck out on the line and have this kind of response and reception. It is pretty #*#!We are all in this together. We are all reading this thread and the responses because we all want the samething from our flight simulator which is realism. Instead of saying this product sucks and no one should buy it, lets offer solutions to Wilco or make suggestions on how they can make an update to their software. Just sitting their and saying "what are we going to do about it?" doesn't help the situation at all. Think about it.

Guest brewmaster

Arthur, your argument would hold water if this product were freeware. Perhaps Wilco developed "somthing never done before" but trust me its not worth what they are charging. Waste your money on it and I think you will see what we are all so upset about. If you read the MANY posts on this subject perhaps you will realize that we have left Wilco with many specific complaints and things that we are upset about. Also keep in mind that for some reason Wilco does not return any emails sent to their "tech support" or have a forum for discussion. These recent posts have been less focused on telling Wilco how they can fix the product that we already purchased and informing others not to waste their money. When I watched the preview videos etc on the Wilco site I (as did many others) expected FSNAT would be integrated into the software already at a level that it would interact with my aircraft. Instead, I found I had to program these things myself. Its quite comparable to going to an expensive restraunt, ordering and paying for dinner, and then being told that you have to cook it yourself. Its not right and thats why this post is one of the longest running/viewed ones in quite some time.If the product looks so wonderful go ahead and spend your money, but certainly dont complain that you were not warned. Brewmaster

Guest shaunm

Hello Ok Arthur,put your engineering back ground to some use and see if you can come up with the patch that will get this product off my shelf and onto my system. I am now in my second week after buying the product and still no word from Wilco, . Al i want know is when will they fix it. Again, as i asked before from Wilco, will i rewrap it and put it under the christmas tree,or is the easter bunny going to hopp in with the answer.or do i take it back to the shop for a refund, which i dont want to do, Shaun.