Sign in to follow this  
gosta

Question-What should we all do about Wilco Publishing?

>To all the people dumping on Wilco for Airport 2002 Vol 1, I >wanted to ask when are you guys are coming out with new >software for FS2002 that can do something that has never >been done before? What, you don't know Visual Basic or C? >You guys have to cut Wilco a break. Why? That's what you pay them for. As a student, I earned my living playing guitar in various West End musicals, and I expected my equipment to work. To this day, I don't know how to refret a guitar, let alone to make one from scratch - that's why my bucks go to Fender, they do it for me (at a price), and in return I get a working product. I believe it's time software companies woke up and realised the easy days are over and it's time to face the realities - you're in business like everyone else, you're selling to a big public not entirely consisting of fellow nerds who are quite adept at tweaking products to their liking. That applies to all software companies, not just Wilco - Microsoft released a new OS in beta stage, calling it 'Extreme Programming' (XP for short), and had the audacity to demand that people pay for it, coupled with a EULA that is not enforceable in any jurisdiction anywhere in the world, except the US.So, Wilco jumped on the same bandwagon - and who can blame them for trying - but at least there are people speaking up. >We are all in this together. We are all reading this thread >and the responses because we all want the samething from our >flight simulator which is realism. Instead of saying this >product sucks and no one should buy it, lets offer solutions >to Wilco or make suggestions on how they can make an update >to their software. Just sitting their and saying "what are >we going to do about it?" doesn't help the situation at all. > Think about it.Why should a customer offer solutions? Unlike a beta tester, he or she is not getting paid for that, but, quite on the contrary, was made to actually PAY for the product. Cheers,Gosta.

Hello again,About the patch related to OS problem: As I said just 2 days ago, it took more work than expected. For your information, we are in the testing phase of the patch and will offer some people to try a beta of the patch (we invite people to send us a mail if they just want to join the beta list for the patch).About a patch for FSNAT. FSNAT is working on all systems. So, I don't really see what needs to be patched...We have heard that people requested to have action around their own aircraft. So, last week, we have posted a first FSNAT sample (to download and install in FS2002) in KLAX with animated gate, trucks,... We will post some new samples for all other airports and should post it in the very few days. We have new tutorial coming very soon too.About the refund question, this has to be checked with the local supplier and their policy.Finally, it has always said that the FSNAT technology was not hitting the frame rate. It has been always said this way, on ALL our communications. Best regards,Michael RenousWilco Publishinghttp://www.wilcopub.com

Guest groundpounder75

"If the product looks so wonderful go ahead and spend your money, but certainly dont complain that you were not warned."Trust me Brewmaster I never had intentions of buying this product nor do I have any intentions of buying the A320 until I read good reviews about it. I think it was mentioned in another posting on this thread about waiting to see what the product is like before you buy it. Maybe that isn't a bad idea.

Guest brewmaster

"I think it was mentioned in another posting on this thread about waiting to see what the product is like before you buy it. Maybe that isn't a bad idea." I believe the point of all these posts to is to do exactly what you are promoting, communicating to others what the product is like so that they may make an educated decision on whether or not to buy it. The inevitable "reviews" may or may not be biased or accurate. That being said, at the very least its not too much to expect Wilco to provide the product they are advertising. These posts are mostly made up of those of us who have the product and are upset. Luckily we have a place to speak or mind where others can hear it. If you are in this forum often you will notice that it is very rare for the FS community to come down so hard on any addon. There must be a reason so many are upset and certainly they are entiteld to tell others why. Think about it.

>I think it was >mentioned in another posting on this thread about waiting to >see what the product is like before you buy it. Maybe that >isn't a bad idea. Yes, but think about it Arthur. If everyone waited until they heard reviews about this product to purchase it we wouldn't have such detailed knowledge about what works and doesn't on a wide variety of systems. Reviews are often limited in scope and does not always reflect the experiences of the general buying public. They certainly wouldn't give insight into Wilco's lack of good product support. Something that so many companies are providing today in this arena and many others. Hats off to those who did purchase with trust in a company that has been with us for some time. Wilco simply let us down on this one. We are waiting to see if they will redress this issue.Regards,