Sign in to follow this  

Thankyou Oleksiy Frolov!

I wanted to say thanks to you Oleksiy for your great Dash-8. I've been using it almost exclusively since you released the first version. I know there's a lot of other flight simmers out there like me who have taken the time to get to really get to know your complex panel. Since I learned how to operate it and came to appreciate the superb flight dynamics and outstanding sound package, I can't stay away from it! Keep up the good work, there are a lot of us who really appriciate what you are doing.

I second that Ken! It was truely a treat for us flight simmers when Oleksiy released this marvel! Some stated that it was too complex, but all it took was a bit of time and patience (and good eyesight for the small print on the panel! ;-) ). Now I too fly this plane exclusively. This was one project that I longed to see for Flight Sim, and Oleksiy really came through on this one. Everything about this plane seems so perfect in all senses. Just waiting for the FMC now (if Oleksiy plans to do that?)Congrats on a job extremely well done Oleksiy!! Your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Keep up the great work!Best regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

I agree, and was wondering if there is any way to use a panel with a virtual cockpit in thie airplane?Thanx,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Guest CharlesH

Hi:Its a outstanding panel and plane. Well done. Thanks for taking the time, energy and effort in making this wounderful package. Thanks so much.Charles

Hi there to you all,I am trying to come up to crooks on this panel however the numbers and gauges are too small on my 19" monitor.I love this plane and would like to take advantage of this package but please tell me how you did to improve the panel as it is barely readable.Any help is appreciated.Thanks.Emann.

Gord, I think Oleksiy has announced elsewhere (on his website?) that he is working on an FMC for a version expected next spring some time. In the mean time, keep your VOR/NDB nav skills sharp!

Emann, two suggestions: First, set your screen resolution as high as possible. I use 1600 x 1200 on my 19" monitor and find the text quite clear.Second, undock the popup panel windows and drag them to a larger size. That will make the text more readable.There have been posts on this forum describing how to modify the panel.cfg file to make the default size of the popups bigger. If you are interested, you can search for them.

My thanks too. Great job. Very well modeled aircraft. Thanks again for the tremendous amount of time and effort you must have applied to this project.

Guest PhilipManwaring

I'll ad my voice to the growing chorus. Oleksiy's Dash 8 is just fantastic.

I concur on all counts. I still have difficulties flying it though. But I am learning.

I would also like to thank the author of this really outstanding piece of flightsim work, however I also have difficulty to read lettering on the panel. I tried higher resolutions, but I am sorry to say with even worse results. My problem is not so much size but blurry labels. I order to learn and fully enjoy this wonder panel one has to see it first! Please help and post search hint where I could find modified panel.cfg.thanks againted -OO-

Hello everyone ! BIG BIG Thanks for all the nice words about my work ! I hope You all enjoy flying the Dash, as I enjoy the permanent tweaking of the fs2002 to make it more realistic News : After the introduction of 1.003 we have (with Thomas Herger) already fixed about 30 different hidden issues. Therefore, I decided to publish the results of my work in the form of the intermediate updates (as long as they've been properly tested of course) at my website. You will find the new updates (as they'll come) at the download pagehttp://home.as-netz.de/oleksiy.frolov/Dash8/Download.htmAs for the FMS. I've scheduled that for the end of February 2003. However, my primary goal at the moment is realistic simulation of the failures (similar to the great PIC767 add-on)P.S. May be I should think about organizing the fun club ;) ? Barry, You will be the director of the Australian Hub then :) !best regardsOleksiy.