Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Oleksiy Frolov Dash 8 - Panel readability

Dear all,I wonder if someone of you might help me with this package.Installation went all fine but the first thing is that I cannot find the flight for sample as advised in the documentation.Secondly and more frustrating is that the panel is too small to read...did someone of you carry out any tweaks so that the panel can be more readable.Any help is appreciated.Regards,Emann.

Guest Rockcliffe

Each of the individual popup panels can be stretched with the cursor to make them more readable.The sample flight is worth doing. I couldn't find it at first either and now I can't remember where it was. Try using 'select a flight' and look carefully through the menu for it. There should be detailed step by step instructions somewhere in your unzipped package too. I think it's essential to read or you won't get anywhere with this fabulous aircraft.Hope this helps.BlairOttawa

Hi Emann,This is what I change in the panel.cfg file in order to make the panel more readable:In the section: Window01Change:window_size= 0.590, 0.440to:window_size= 0.80, 0.60Under Window02:Change:window_size= 0.140, 0.160window_pos= 0.010, 0.830To:window_size= 0.30, 0.340window_pos= 0.010, 0.60Under Window03:Change:window_size= 0.220, 0.280window_pos= 0.000, 0.720To:window_size= 0.40, 0.510window_pos= 0.000, 0.480Under Window04:Change:window_size= 0.470, 0.120window_pos= 0.540, 0.000To:window_size= 0.60, 0.150window_pos= 0.38, 0.000Under Window05:Change to:window_size= 0.450, 0.580window_pos= 0.54, 0.410And finally under Window07:Change:window_size= 0.370, 0.660window_pos= 0.630, 0.340To:window_size= 0.50, 0.90window_pos= 0.250, 0.08You can also change your screen resolution to 1280 x 1024 (I think?). This will also increase the font size and make the gauges more readable. However, your card and monitor must be able to support this. Hope this helps!Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

I find that turning on all of the lights also helps the readability ...remember practice practice practice and you will intuitively know where everything is

I love this airplane but the elevator trim is way out of wack. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what is the mod(s) made to the config file?

Really, the plane is quite unique. At least for now. I know that this will not sound very smart, but after successfull startup of both engines (hard work achievement, but what a sound ...) the plane started moving backwards. I guess I'm doing something wrong with autofeather, but what?Ted

ChickenHawk:I haven't had any problem with the elevator trim, but I have run into a problem with the autopilot vertical speed wheel. Sometimes when you are descending in steps, the vertical speed is set to zero when you reach a given altitude, but the wheel remains in the set position. When you start to descend again, the wheel won't turn enought to set the correct vertical speed. The work arround for this is to disengage the autopilot, return the wheel to a neutral position, and then reengage the autopilot.Ted:Make sure your throttle is set to flight idle - ie move it forward a bit. If your throttle is all the way back, you have some reverse thrust applied.

Hi ! This is correct. It must move backwards, because you have (i believe) put the throttles to DISC (probably pressing F1). This gives you -3

Hi Ken ! That probably means, you are still using an old version (1.002).regardsOleksiy

Hi Oleksiy, you are right, I based my comment on version 1.002. I've installed the new version, but haven't had a chance to fly it yet!

Hello there,I am having problems with the annunciator panel.When I enlarge it the panel does just that but the fonts remain tiny and (for me) are very very hard to read.Apart from that I agree with everyonee else that it is indeed a wonderfull piece of work.regardsRichard

All is OK and works fine. Sample Flight helped me, the beginner, to get more familliar with the systems. There are not that many things in FS to support M$ hype "as real as it gets", but Dash-8 is definetely one of them. Thanks again.Ted

Thanks for your panel.cfg mods. I will try them. I too have trouble reading the panels at 1024x768. By the way in Window04 there is a gauge00 (Dash6All!Caution_Panel). There is no Caution_Panel in my gauge (only Caution). I am also missing the gauges 50 and 51 in Window 00. They are not in the download. Do you have these gauges? If so I'd sure appreciate them. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Thanks Buddy. Made all of your mods and it is GREAT! Now I can see the switches and labels. I've added panel toggle switches, tooltips, and the ATC gauge by Bill Morad. I've also chnged the ATC info. Wish it would say Tyrolean Airways. I love this plane! Regards, Bob.