Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

So very tempting..

I am sooo very temted to purchase the IK DC-9.Can anyone sell me why I should purchase this? I like flying Jets. I have the Dreamfleet 737 and the PSS 747 & 777. Do you really think I need to get this DC -9? Please convince me why I should spend another 25.00 for a DC-9.Please tell me your likes and dislikes, features, benefits etc.Thanks!Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Still tempted..:-wink2Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest United

I have all three jets that you mentioned and I love all three of them. Flight1's DC-9 is more like learning how to fly the PSS Airbus series, very different challenge. It took me 20 some flights to somewhat master the Airbus and it's features and I still don't know a lot that I could. Here are my opinions: #1 Some of the best sound I've ever heard on any aircraft, it's just superb, better even than the Dreamfleet and PSS craft you mentioned, and their sounds are very good indeed. #2 The DC-9 does not come with the automaticity in flight management that comes with the 737, 777 and 747's you already fly. You must fly by VOR to VOR or utilize the FS2002 GPS system for which there is a setup Flight1 provides for. Me, I cheat and use my Garmin 530 from John Hnidec (forgive my likely mis-spelling of his last name). #3 I've never had a panel that demanded that you utilize and manage the cabin pressure, otherwise all sorts of bells and warnings bleep at you (and yes the current DC9 version does have some minor bugs with these warning systems, chiefly that until you start up the engines, there is an irritating warning bleep that drives you crazy, again in the works for a fix in the immediate future.) #4 Superb night lighting of the panel, but compared to say the Dreamfleet 737, the outside night textures of the DC9 are not nearly so nice as the 737. #5 I cannot get the autothrottle to work for me in the DC9, but I've found it fun to actually have to tune the throttle myself for cruise speed, but having said that, it is very stable once you get the speed you want. #6 The published check lists for starting the DC9 are not exactly on the money yet and that's some of the reason folk are complaining about not being able to start it correctly and there is not quite yet a "cold and dark" start up setting as with the PSS products, but Flight1 is correcting this soon. #7 Awesome support from Flight1 as with Dreamfleet, they will perfect with product with the feedback they have been given.Overall, it's just a different feeling and flying craft and it "feels" like a throwback jet, yet it flys superbly and books at ground speeds of 450kt. and a bit more if you like. In all, it's a matter of taste, but I like having a challenge and believe me, this one will set you back on your heels in a good way however.Good luck on your decision, Randy Jura KPDX