Sign in to follow this  
jd

Just ordered RadarContact v.3...YAHOO!

Guest abent

I'll be running to the post office every day starting soon!With the early release...just maybe I'll have it under the Xmas tree! :-yellow1 :-yellow1 :-yellow1

Guest Edam

I await your review of it, especially how much of a learning curve is involved. I say that because I am tempted to buy it, but want to wait for other opinions.

I think there are already some opinions posted in the RC forum. I'm probably going to buy it too. I just wish there was a download available - I hate waiting for the post, especially at this time of year, when the extra volume of mail and packages in the run up to Xmas means everything seems to take twice as long to arrive! :)... and I'm in the UK too, so make that 4 times as long to arrive! ;)

Guest abent

Well, I just got v2.2 samples a while ago and the samples are just a taste of what v2.2 offered and they were GREAT. So, v.3, considering how much more flexible it is, and how much more it offers, it's gotta be fantastic. I had no hesitation what so ever.There ARE a number of posts already praising it in the RC forum.After reading the features list and sections of the manual, plus hearing that it will allow you to have AI traffic and listen to FSATC, I was sold.Now, hopefully it won't be buggy! ;) And I'm sure it won't as so far the reviews are really positive. I'm afraid any review I could give you would pale in comparison to what you might get from the beta testers as my knowledge of ATC is in surely in its infancy. But I'll certainly sing its praises if I like it.Order now to avoid the Xmas rush! ;) Adam

Trust me Murph, the wait will be worth it ;)You should, fingers crossed, get it in time for Xmas :)

download the manual, and give it a quick read. i think it is a pretty informative document, and give you a good understanding of what you can expect. reading the manual will get you a long way into the learning curve.

My own experience has been that learning to us RC is relatively simple, but understanding the real-world rules and procedures on which it is based may not be. If you're already a pilot you'll probably be off and running (or flying) pretty quickly. If you're like me, you'll have to ask a lot of questions and do some reading to find out why things are done the way they are. Usually when I thought something in RC didn't make sense, it was because I didn't understand the underlying procedure that was being modeled.Sidney Schwartz [KPDX]Horizon Pilot--flight plans and scenery for FS2002http://sidneyschwartz.homestead.com/index.htmlhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

i'm sorry but i am not buying it, i don't like to hear "cleared to the Kilo Juliet Foxtrot Kilo" as filed, i'd rather here the M$ATC of "cleared to the Kennedy Airport as filed"and even so, perhaps MS2004 will have a better ATC engine than 2002, its due out in 12 months isn't it?

The curve isn't too steep. Much easier than the earlier versions. If you download the manual and read it while your waiting for the shipment to arrive you can be flying the tutorial flights in less than an hour after you receive it. Just jump to page 114 and start right off. The manual is REALLY good when it comes to telling you exactly what to do to get things working right.Trip

It's a great product.I have had it for a couple of weeks now.It's very easy to use.Procedures are well done although I would like to see a RC navdata base so sid and stars could be done with crossing restrictions.Right now it's just at PD . :) There are too many good things to mention :) Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100ASUS GF4 ti 4200 128MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Well it is a must have for fs2002.It is much easier to use than the prior version with a nice menu system-I went though an emergency tonight and the number of choices were great-but-the addition of reality to atc is unreal. The ability to ask for a particular approach being a huge one-let alone the little touches (for instance I changed the transponder code and immediately was told by the controller that he wasn't getting my transponder reading).A huge addition to reality and money very well spent!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

hi JDi have read all that on your site, yes this is one hell of a good complex program, however half the functions offered in RC like doing a Hold declaring a emergency i will never ever use, however as stated below i prefer hearing Kennedy rather than K J F K

Where can i get the v.2.2 samples to have a taste ? :(

Guest abent

Go to the Radar Contact Forum and you'll see a homepage. It'll take you right to the samples - left column.Have fun.Adam