Sign in to follow this  
jd

Just ordered RadarContact v.3...YAHOO!

Would you recommend RC3 for someone who mainly flies short distance VFR?

Guest emergency_pants

well... I opften fly short hops VFR, but I have ordered mine already. I used RC v2.2 and thought it was very good. I also used ProFlight2000, which I thought was better, so I stuck with that... however, I can still recommend an addon like RC 3.0 for VFR, yeah! If you haven't read it already, take a look at the features page and see what you think.http://www.jdtllc.com/getting_started.htm#RC%20ComparisonI can't wait for that copy of RCv3 to drop through the letterbox.Cheers,Simon.

>i wouldn't. if you are just doing vfr, no need for version >3. maybe version 4 Do you mean no need for RadarContact of any version, or just specifically that v3 has no huge advantage for VFR over v2.X?

radar contact does not do vfr.not version 1, 2, or 3.doesn't mean radar contact doesn't have value if you're taling about flying from one uncontrolled airport to another, of course we will do atc for that.but you have to have a flight plan. i guess that is the key. you have to have a flight plan, and you are expected to fly that flight plan.bopping around the country side, don't need atc for that at all

Hi Adam,Well after over a thousand test builds, I can tell you that is NOT buggy in any way. Works just GREAT. There have been some questions about can it fix problems with MSFS and the answer to that is a big NO. We ain't going to get into Uncle Bill's code (LOL).I think for anyone who wants realistic ATC this is the addon you have been waiting for, lots more than version 2.2, I mean a LOT more than 2.2, hope you get my drift (grin)Enjoy it, sure was fun spending hours and hours testing it.Bob Johnson

Guest abent

I have no doubt I will thoroughly enjoy this product. Counting the days :-yellow1 .Adam

>radar contact does not do vfr. >>not version 1, 2, or 3. >>doesn't mean radar contact doesn't have value if you're >taling about flying from one uncontrolled airport to >another, of course we will do atc for that. >>but you have to have a flight plan. i guess that is the key. >you have to have a flight plan, and you are expected to fly >that flight plan. >>bopping around the country side, don't need atc for that at >all So there is no provision to file a plan (or request airspace transition) once in the air?How are diversions handled?

you have to file a flight planif you are at an uncontrolled airport, you can ask center to pick up your clearance while in the air. if conditions are ifr at the uncontrolled airport, you have to get your clearance on the ground from FSSdiversion? do you mean alternate airports? you can ask to go to your alternates while in approach, or after a missed approach.you can also change your destination while on center frequency.but you have to have a flight plan.

ENOUGH!!!!!!! can someone give me the URL to buy it right now???, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

>but you have to have a flight plan. Thanks for the clarification. I'll be buying.But if I was adding to the wish list, it would be to be able to take off without a plan, file one in the air and have the program recognise my presence.

Yes I promise to read the manual!, hey I'm the checklist DO-LIST (I read then I do) kind of pilot!, so that is not a problem, I just ordered but I got an email saying "Please allow 2 to 4 weeks for delivery of your Radar Contact V3 CD" is that for real???, why de delay?Even if I do have to wait as much as 4 weeks I know it will be worth it!, still I hope the manual is long enough to last me 4 weeks!, I'm glad the new Flying magazine is about to come out LOL!