Sign in to follow this  

Pitch trim Problem Pls help

Hey guys wuz up , im having problems with the pitch trim, everytime im landing and i move my joystick to bring the nose up for touchdown my pitch goes crazy and i go up(climing) and i have to go around on a miss approach.....is there any key to center the pitch trim so that wont happend...thx a lot for your help guys....

You are probably leaving the autopilot on. Turn the autopilot off by hitting the "Z" key or deselect it on the autopilot. You may also need to deselect the autothrottles. If you raise the noise, the autothrottles will add power and you will start to climb.At this point in the landing sequence, you should be manually adjusting power, and approximately 100-200 ft altitude deselecting the autopilot so you can flare the aircraft for landing.Remember default fs2002 doesn't do autolands.

In addition to the autopilot, you can also end up with an aircraft with an "autopitch" gauge. I've seen these on a few a/c, and they can cause things to go awry as well...

aztekDifficult to reply without knowing more.Assuming you are NOT coming in on a/p and this climbing business on landing is something you do a lot, I would have to suggest:Set your controls up to be as insensitive as poss.Set button repeats to minimum.As u cross the threshhold ie. beginning of runway, reduce throttle slightly, otherwise as u raise nose, plane will want to climbassuming also u are coming in at correct speed - not too fast.try raising nose with a couple of "up" notches on trim button instead of using joystick - this is sometimes enough.I don't think u want to neutral the trim setting as this will ##### u right up.apologies if u are experienced and are doing all this. pp:)

Guest JamesJ

I'd bet on auto trim being the culprit..does this happen on all ac or just one or two? Look for a gauge on the panel with a green light at the top. If you have this left click on the green button or light. I've seen several panels with an auto trim gauge that doesn't show, you have to open panel cfg with notepad and look for a gauge that says auto-trm or something like that. Remove or change one letter, save and see if that helps. JamesJtime sure is fun when you're having fliesJI, Atlanta Center 1960-1987

well thanks guys i fixed everything and i'm landing mutch better now thx, and have fun!!!

jerrycwo4I'm having the same problem landing the Falcon 50 when I have used the "plus" pitch adjustment to takeoff from Lake Tahoe. You said you fix the problem but you didn't say what you said you did to fix the problem? jerry

instead of using the joystick i used the key pad press 2 a couple of time to raise the nose,, and then put it down smothly...

jerrycwo4Have you ever noticed that when you change the pitch with the "2" or "8" on the number pad that the inducator on the pitch gauge does NOT move? I seem to get the same effect no matter if I use the number pad (2/8) or the + / - on the pitch gauge on the panel.jerry

This doesn't address your problem, but I really dislike the way FS handles pitch trim. To be fair, I don't know how else MS would do it with the common spring-centered joysticks and yokes that we use. In the real world, you move the yoke to achieve the desired aircraft performance and then the trim holds the yoke in that position (gradually relieving control pressure). In FS you end up centering the control (stick) as you trim. If I were doing slow-flight in a RW 172, the yoke would be in my lap with and I would trim to keep the control there. In FS, proper trim would end up with the stick being centered.