Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

What file within FS2002 holds the AFCAD info.?

Hey Gang!I am, still in the process of restoring FS2002 in my computer after making an OS change from ME to XP Pro. I had backed up my entire FS2002 directory and I'm now at the point where I'd like to restore my old AFCAD/Airport gate info. Can anyone shed any light into which files I need to be looking at? I'm trying to avoid having to download a half a million AFCAD downloads from the net and installing all those over again.Thanks in advance!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest WorkingStiff

As far as I am aware, AFCAD files are stored inside the facility data files in the SCENEDB/AFDFILES/SCENERY folder.When AFCAD files are installed in FS2002, the original bgl files in this folder are altered. Assuming you used AFCAD to import the files, you should see both the original and altered files in your backup directory. AFCAD by default saves your original bgl files with an "ORIGINAL" file extension. So simply copy and the files with .bgl file extensions to your new scenedbafcadscenery location and you're done.If you used AFDLinkHelper to import your AFCAD files then I guess the process of identifying the files you need becomes trickier since I'm not sure that AFDLinkHelper saves or identifies the original files before changing them. You'll have to compare file dates to make sure they are the ones you want.

Thanks man!That sure makes life easier!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav48_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.