Sign in to follow this  

How to save a video to be seen on MediaPlayer?

To begin, excuse me for my lack of knowledge.I want to know, how can I save a flight, in a way, that it can be seen with Windows Media Player.I used the video clip of FS2002Pro, but when I tried to see with Media Player, it said that the file was corrupted or the extension was not supported by Windows Media Player.Any help will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.Jmmen

There's three ways....If you have a graphics card with a video out, and a TV tuner card, you could always feed a cable from the video out to the video in. The drawback is the TV tuner card might lose frames, due to the high cpu demands FS2002 and tuner cards have.The other option is to record from the video out to a VCR, then playback from the VCR to the tuner card. A longer process, but it relieves the cpu load somewhat.Last option, which I haven't verified, are programs that somehow capture frames from FS2002 or other games into avi or mpg files. I've heard of them, but haven't tried them or found any...ATI makes a nice little tuner card for 45-50.... I understand it has issues with XP, but I have one and it runs very well under 98SE. I use it w/a pair of rabbit ears, and on some channels reception is superior to other sets in the household. And it has a built in digital VCR.... I've recorded videos off the air for my daughter, and the results are pretty good...-John