Sign in to follow this  
kpop1364

Cam2Pan-best $9.95 I've spent in a while!

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Rex,It should not be a big deal (hopefully) to improve Active Camera Pro in order to have a better running with either Track IR or Cam2Pan. Depending on our fre time we are ready to program a customized version for free, of course.But we have neither Track IR nor Web Camera hardware.Regards,Serge and Guillaumewww.anticyclone.be

Geoff,seems like a cool thing, but I see you can't run it without that little window from the camera that displays your own face. Plus it doesn't work in full screen mode because the camera window is behind the full screen.Am I correct or am I doing something wrong?regards,steve

cool!! Maybe I just have to mess with it some more. I won't give up on it then.thanks!

I honestly don't know why people keep reporting compatability problems between Track IR and Active Camera Pro. I've been using the two in tandem for quite some time and have yet to experience anything unusual. Perhaps they have the head-bobbing number set too high? Having said that, the Track IR is working fine for me but the main annoyance is that sometimes it will react to shiny objects in the room. Also, it sometimes loses sight of the dot on my forehead prematurely if I turn my head a little to the left.I've got some questions about Cam2Pan; does it work well in the dark, and does it get confused if there are people moving around in the background? I don't plan on using it myself since I've already invested about $100 on the Track IR, but I'm curious about how the tracking algorithm works.

Does anyone on this thread have any suggestions for a suitable low cost web-cam?I know cam2pan.com give camera specs but I also know how inflated the claims are for most web-cams :-)

Wow..........That's the best news I've heard in a while. My only two suggestions are the mouse not disappearing and when I look to the extreme edges of the monitor the centering goes way off.I appreciate your response Sir, and I'm looking forward to the future of these two wonderful addons working better together. Thanks for the encouraging news. If I may be of any assitance please let me know...Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

I'm still having frame rate problems. I uninstalled and reinstalled Cam2Pam with no help. Frame ratee are down to 2 to 4.5 with this program running and 15 to 20 when it's off.Anyone have any ideas?Gerry

Only thing I can think is maybe you are using an older camera (I think the instructions say you need one that does 30fps or so?). I know I tried it with an older camera I had that only did 4 fps and was unusuble. Not sure-but you might want to check the fps in the cam3pan lower bottom and see what it says before running fs.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

The camera is a Logitech Web cam and not that old. It's a 30 fps camera. The frame rate in the lower bottom says 30 fps.Thanks for you ideas. Oh well.Gerry

My guess is that you have a service or program running that is related to this camera (i.e. when the cam2pan program calls the use of the camera it is inadvertantly triggering another program to start up). Have a look at your task listings with it running and then without and see if anything suspicious pops up.To get to the Task Manager just in case you are unsure:Win 98 & ME: hit CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneouslyWin XP & 2000: hit CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneously then click on Task Manager and view the Applications and Processes.Hope it helps.Andy (YSCB)

>Hi Rex, >>It should not be a big deal (hopefully) to improve Active >Camera Pro in order to have a better running with either >Track IR or Cam2Pan. Depending on our fre time we are ready >to program a customized version for free, of course. >>But we have neither Track IR nor Web Camera hardware. >>Regards, >>Serge and Guillaume >www.anticyclone.be Is there anything we at MouseVision can do to help? Any suggestions from the users or from Anticyclone?Alex Cohnwww.mousevision.comRule: each rule has exceptions. Exceptions: none.

Thanks. I'm sure your right. There are a couple of extra things that open up, but I'm not sure what program(s)they are associated with, so I can't stop them.Thanks for you ideas,Gerry