Sign in to follow this  
Guest lamont

CH Yoke Programming Question

Guest rbbarker

Can anyone think of a way that I can program the center lever on the CH Flight Yoke to operate the thrust reversers? Specifically, I have the two outside levers operating thrust on engines 1 and 2. I would like to have the center lever engaging the thrust reversers when advancing forward (this would require a repeated input) and thrust reversers disengage when the lever is brought back down? Thanks.Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

Boyd,I don't think there is a way to do this but there is a work-around if you have FSUIPC.DLL installed (which you really should have).I have the Pro Throttle and have assigned all engine controls to it via FSUIPC. This allows you to assign part of the throttle as reverse thrust. Pete Dowson gives all the necessary help in the FSUIPC Help Guide which is part of the download available here www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlHope that helps,Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest lamont

Hi Boyd,I'm not sure it can be done since the three levers are axis. But I would like to know how you assign the two outside levers to separate engines. I have used Peter's program to provide reverse thrust to the normal thrust lever. I am sure you can do the same for each lever for each engine.

Guest rbbarker

Ok. Interesting. What I did was go into the yoke's axis assignemnts and found not only the one setting for all engine thrusts in one, but separate thrusts for each engine. I just unassigned the all thrusts and assigned engine 1 thrust to X axis and engine 2 thrust to Z axis. All this was done within FS2K2.Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

<<<>>>>>The reverse thrust in FS2002 can be assigned to the lower portion of the throttle axis with FSUIPC. Meaning one axis for throttle AND reverse, for each engine, is possible. As far as having throttle on one axis and reverse on another I don't believe it is possible...(Maybe with CH Control Manager software and some inventive key assignments it may be...but not easily)<<<<>>>>This is easily accomplished within FS 2002's assignments page. Just go to assignments and click on the axis page then get the correct controller (CH Yoke) then assign the left engine to the left axis and the right one to the right axis. Be sure and delete the original throttle axis assignment (CH has the left lever assigned to "Throttle" meaning all engines by default) THEN....THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: Go to the sensitivities page and set the sensitivities for these two axis's to full right and set a very small null zone. (FS sometimes defaults one axis sensitivity assignment to full left making the lever not work even though you assigned it properly) Then you can go into FSUIPC and calibrate the two levers together and set them to go into reverse thrust at the bottom of the travel. Read FSUIPC's instructions for this.<<<>>>>Yes this is correct be sure and calibrate the two levers at the same time to avoid having throttle splits while flying. Then enjoy the fun of setting power and having to really pay attention to the power settings on both engines.I hope this helps you get it all working. It really is pretty easy once you do it the first time. Happy Flying!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest lamont

Thanks for the input Boyd and Blowhole I'll give it a shot. Sure would make the failed engine emergency easier to handle.

Guest rbbarker

That's for sure. I'm really going to try and make this Y-axis reverse thrust thing work. If anyone thinks of any advice, fire away. I'm studying the FSUIPC dox now. Thanks.Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

Guest rbbarker

How about this...why couldn't you assign the Y axis lever to the All Engines Thrust control, thin tinker with the range using FSUIPC to make all the way down nothing and advancing it forward DECREASES thrust...thus engagning thrust reversers...in theory. I'm not that versed in FSUIPC yet, although I am reading the manuals now. Anyone have an idea? Care to try it?Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

Guest rbbarker

Sorry, just saw something even more promising. Page 5 of the manual for Pete Dowson's FS2002 Controls program has a short paragraph discussing how to use the all throttle control to engage reverse thrust. Any config experts care to comment???Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

Guest lamont

Hi Boyd,As previously discussed you can set the throttles Max, Min then a Neutral zone using Pete's program. Now when in FS your idle position is somewhere between Max and Min. So when you decrease your throttle range below idle the reverse thrusters kick in.I have mine set this way and it works great but you have to be careful that you don't invoke the reversers by accident. It would be great if the Yoke had a detent stop but it doesn't. Hope this answers your question.

Boyd,I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm 99.99% sure that what you want cannot be done (not even with FSUIPC).This would require the ability to let an external axis drive a FS2K2 key/button function. And I don't thing that's possible.Rob

<<>>>Rob, From what I've read it is possible. Using CH Control manager software it is possible to assign key commands to an axis. If it was done correctly then you could have the center axis actually engage the reverse through keyboard inputs (once the throttles were pulleed back to idle) I cannot verify this though, because when I tried to install the CH control Manager software it screwed up my Cordless USB mouse so I had to dump it.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest rbbarker

Ok. Let's take a step back folks and take a look at what's already been done and therefore 100% possible (grin). I have assigned two of the three throttle levers to engine 1 throttle and engine two throttle within FS2K2. That is, the left lever controls the left engine and the right...etc. Anyway, then I followed the instructions in the FSUIPC documentation and created an idle zone and a reverse thrust in each lever. That is, each lever controls either engine 1 or two independently and is capable of engaging reverse thrust. FSUIPC negates the need for any keyboard commands for using reverse thrust. Now, all of that is really cool by itself, but I just wanted to take it one step further. I wanted the independent engine thrust levers to just operate the normal thrust range (no reverse) and use the center lever for reverse thrust. Ok, that means you pull both engine thrust levers back to the stops and then slide the third forward to engage the reversers. Sounds cool, huh? All we would need to do is use the ability to assign a reverse thrust range to the third lever without an idle zone or regular thrust. This is not unlike using two levers for independent thrust control while using the third as dual thrust control. It's possible, because there is the ability to assigne a lever to each engine independently AND a lever to all engine thrust. I did it. It works. Continuing on...this all seems possible, but I believe I found the hang-up. FSUIPC allows for the assignment of reverse thrust zones to individual engines, but not for the all engine thrust feature (on page 1 of 6 within FSUIPC joystick settings). I have e-mailed Pete Dowson to see if there is something in the game that prevents this functionality. If not, we may be able to persuade him to include it. I will let you know what I hear. Cheers!Boyd BarkerSenior Command CaptainBOS Hub ManagerWestWind AirlinesTry my DF737 Checklist at http://home.houston.rr.com/checklist/checklist.html

Guest lamont

Hey Boyd,I agree with you 100% and my hats off to for doing it. As for the center lever you might want to give this a try.A while back I had button #1 assigned to keyboard F2, this allowed me to invoke reverse thrust using button #1 and it worked, just wasn't very realistic. Try assigning the center lever to F2 via FSUIPC and see what happens. It may not work because of what was said earlier about assigning an axis to a button function but maybe no one has really tried. Let me know. This is really getting interesting.