Sign in to follow this  

Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

Have gone through most of the forum and tried the fixes but still having problems. The joystick seems to work right up until FS2002 finishes loading. All of a sudden I lose the force feedback and the stick goes loose. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but always the same results. Has anyone else had this problem or know a fix I could try. Should mention I am running Win XP Home editionThanks Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

I have the same stick Chris, and thats pretty much the way it works for me to. I use W98SE.Although for me the forces still work it just does not center on its own.Sorry if this seems like an obvious question but do you have the forces turned on in FS2002?I seem to remember reading something about this stick having problems with XP but not sure what the fix is, or what you need to do.This page may help.http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/sidewind...ate/default.aspGood luck.Pepe

Thanks Pepe, Will give that link a try. Yes the forces in FS2002 are turned on. The strange thing is ,I just tried the stick in FS2000 and it works fine,only in FS2002 does it stop.Chris

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

Chris,I have the same problem with mine. What I do is after FS2K2 loads I select the "Calibrate Joystick" option. I don't actually calibrate it, I just have to select the option then exit the calibration screen. The forces and the stick centering are fine after that.Mike

I don't think its just your own configuration (Win XP Home, FS2K2) causing it.I have the original Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick. In Win98, FS98, with the Sidewinder 3.2 Profiler software, plugged into a Soundblaster PCI32 - I lost the auto-centering (other forces work fine). In Win2K with FS2K2, without the Sidewinder 3.2 Profiler software, plugged into the motherboard's on-board Game Port (my current setup), I also lose the auto-centering (other forces, once again, work fine.)Doesn't matter if I bring up the stick calibration while in FS or not - auto-centering just don't work.

Thanks Mike, Tried your fix and it did work, but not exactly the way it does for you. I actually have to go into the properties and test the Forces ,then it works fine. Am starting to think that this buying the FF2 because its XP compliant was a trick. My old force feedback did the same thing in XP,thats why I got this new one. GO FIGURE !!!!!!!!!Chris