Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

DirectX 9.0 beta

You may want to check this pre-release out:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release...earch&ordinal=2I installed it and I must admit I have not noticed too much difference to my current 8.1.... except maybe that my FPS is more consistant. Some users claim up to 5 FPS improvement!Here's a simple test: If you run DXDIAG from the start menu and check that 'spinning DirectX-box-thingy 'direct 3D' test' then instal DirectX 9.0 and do the same - it goes into warp-speed (kinda like the OMEGA drivers do!)..... so I guess it IS faster!(My OS is WIN98)

Guest freequest

What really happens is that the drivers are not any faster just that it slightly alters the minute electro magnetic feilds comeing from your monitor and computer in actual fact it is slowing down your minds ability to process this informantion as quickly.HEHE...Just kidding... but i will wait for the full release im not gonna trust a beta from microsoft :)

Guest Barney1

"....HEHE...Just kidding... but i will wait for the full release im not gonna trust a beta from microsoft"What's the difference??? (grin)

Right now I have 8.2 When I tested the Direct3D the cube was spinning wildly. When asked if I saw the cube spinning with logo I went looking for the answer that read "I'm not sure what I saw, but that can't be right" and thought that there was a problem with my DirectX.If minute electric fields are forming around me, then they haven't altered my rendering speed to the point where I can comprehend the cube. Maybe I need a Beta release.Rick

Guest freequest

>>>"....HEHE...Just kidding... but i will wait for the full >release im not gonna trust a beta from microsoft" >>>What's the difference??? (grin) Touche ... I consider XP a beta still... as it just does not work with my modem :). No matter whta drivers i use