Sign in to follow this  

Any PSS Dash-8 Word yet?

I would ask this question in the PSS forum but they indicate that they are not replying to any questions regaurding the upcomming Dash-8. Has anybody heard throgh the backdoor how they are progressing and may we see this product on our harddrives by Christmas??Thanks

Nothing new has been released as of late. I believe the latest reply was from Graham himself, and I recall him stating that basically the Dash will not be released until they are satisfied that it is good enough to release. Probably still some minor bugs with it that they are trying to work out. Hopefully we will see something soon though. Even if we could get a hold of the POH, it would be a great jesture! (hint, hint... ;-) ) At least that would tide us over til the release. How 'bout it Graham? Any chance of the POH going public soon?Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)Edit: Have you tried Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8-300? This is one super plane! This one will definitely tide you over til PSS's version goes gold! Will be interesting to see how both compare to one another! Can't wait to see how Mike Hambly did with the sounds compared to Oleksiy's!!

Guest flightpro08

The latest word is that it will be out when it's done. ;-)Ok, enough of me being a smarta$$. :-) But suriously, there really hasn't been much word about it lately. I would assume from a buisness standpoint that they would want to get it out before Christmas, but who knows? :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

"the Dash will not be released until they are satisfied that it is good enough to release".I truly hope so. Personally I'm sick of reading post's regarding crappy commercial product. PSS I think have a good policy regarding quality and service. The service styles unique but at least you get a reply.George

Last I heard they weren't satisfied at all with the flight model and fighting with the limitations of the FS turboprop engine model to find the closest match with the real thing.

BEFORE Xmas is still a "very realistic estimation" We're struggling with a few niggling little bugs and polishing the panel a bit more but we're getting through it quite quickly.Oh Also.... the reason the POH isn't available yet is simply because we dont want to build up false hopes that the Dash will arrive a few days later :) It IS coming together very niceley, we know you'll be impressed and many thanks for waiting patiently... it'll be worth it :)

Hey thanks for the reply! That plane looks so great. Im bit of a VC nut, and the VC in your craft looks awesome along with the rest of it. Hope it runs better than the Wilco 737 cockpit, ie more than 2 frames per sec under win98/me..lol!