Sign in to follow this  

3Dmark2001 unexpected low score

Hi dear Guys,I'm in a very bad mood since yesterday.I got recently brand new PC and tested it with 3dmark2001 benchmark,my PC devoted to FS2002 is a P4 2.4Ghz, mobo asus P4b533E, 512DDRamPC 2700 333mhz? GeForce 3 ti200, OS WinXPhome.And I get the uncredible score of 2865 3d marks, while smallerPC get 8000!...Being much frustrated I wait for your kind suggestions.In FS2002 should I add, I stucked FPS target settings at 25but often get FPS under 15 when at airports with full PAI,or above some addon mesh scenery.Regards,Arnie.

hi there, one thing to do is make sure to try out different drivers ... i do have the same card and if i remember well i was experiencing those kind of low score as well , so before making any decisions too quickly i would check into this. Henry. CYXT

I just switched from a Gf3 ti200 to a Asus GF4 Ti4200 128MB my scores went from 6000+ to almost 9700. I can tell you that the video card makes a big difference but regardless I do not care about benchmark scores because it does not tell me how well flight sim will perform or any other game for that matter.If you built this system yourself then you should do a complete FDISK/REFORMAT/REINSTALL. If you bought this system new then get all the lastest patches for your O/S.Make sure you do not have video shadowing on in the bios.Set the APG apeture size to 128MB, set AGP to 4X.I would also recommend the 41.09 drivers.The lastest 40.72 are just buggy. Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.comhttp://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpghttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100Asus GF4 ti 4200 128MBSBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Guest freequest

>Hi dear Guys, >>I'm in a very bad mood since yesterday. >I got recently brand new PC and tested it with 3dmark2001 >benchmark, >my PC devoted to FS2002 is a P4 2.4Ghz, mobo asus P4b533E, >512DDRam >PC 2700 333mhz? GeForce 3 ti200, OS WinXPhome. >And I get the uncredible score of 2865 3d marks, while >smaller >PC get 8000!... O man thats really bad i have p4 1.6ghz 512mb 133mhz sdram win2000 pro and a Geforce2 mx-400 64mb ram.and i get about 5k 3d winmarks but then i do overclock it normaly it would run at 2550 winmarks.I would sugest you download the newest Nvidia drivers if that fails check your system heat if you computer is getting to hot P4 Processors tend to step down in speed which could affect your video card.Thats about all i could think of...

Guest brewmaster

I was experiencing similar frustration myself today. My score was coming out at 8000 with my P42.53 Ghz + GF4ti4200. In another forum someone suggested starting windows in Safe mode, uninstalling my vid drivers, restarting and resinstalling vid drivers. I did this and my score jumped to 11,000. Any time you change vid drivers you should do this to avoid problems. Worth a shot...Brewmaster

Make sure you are not running the tests with forced antialiasing and also antiosoptric filtering as the score will suffer alot.Something is not right though as I used to get over 7000 3dmarks with a Geforce 3 and an Athlon XP2100Craig Kiltie

Yep with that setup your score should be 7000+. Also make sure your running the P4/mobo drivers. You need to install the intel inf drivers and intel application accelerator.

Dear Guys,thanks, lots of thanks for all your wise and smart advises.In fact, I left the nVidia drivers 30.82 since the 40.72 werebuggy.The Intel drivers as well as accelerator are indeed installed.I 've set the computer myself, and first had big troubles with bothhardware and software (especially FS2k2