Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

Citation Bravo textures

Ok, I have had a bunch of e-mails asking about the textures for Kevin Whyte's nice little Citation. I am finishing tonight and will upload these two schemes in the next day or so. Hope everyone enjoys them! They are a bit more traditional than the cool swoosh Kevin gave us with the model. Thanks again Kevin for such a sweet little bizjet!http://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/cit.jpghttp://www.flightsimmers.net/airport/hornit/cit1.jpg

For anyone who has this plane.........How good is this plane? Is it as good as say the default Learjet 45? Or FFG's Learjet 35?

Ok I just download this little biz jet and did some touch and go's with it, and I have to say it's a pretty good little plane! It even has working reverse thusts and a opening door!

Keith, Please accept my apology at the name error. I don't know whatI was looking at or thinking about when I typed that! Foreveryone else I referred to Keith as Kevin, DOH!Sorry! :)Hornit

Guest FS_freak

Hi Hornit,I just downloaded the Citation and your textures. Will try them out tonight. I was wondering, Keith Says this is an FD model converted to Gmax. I am one of those "un" fortunate people who have a Voodoo 3 card and thus have to go about all the 32-16bit conversions and mipmap creating to get Gmax textures to show. Nevertheless I have been pretty disappointed by the results. Many Gmax A/C look blurry. I know I can't expect reflections or water surface effects but there must be a way to improve the textures on these birds. My FSDS aircraft look great (i.e. Nathan Peattie's 737's) and I have yet to see frame rate problems on my Ahtlon 650MZ 256MB rig, even with the most complex aircraft in the heaviest airports. Is there a way to convert these Gmax birds back to FD? Or maybe a tweak on the card?ThanksMauricio

Guest N247BK

This is the best handling (and flying) bbizjet in all of the flight sim world. And the reversers effect is just too good!My hat is off tothe talented author of this one.

Mauricio, Unfotunately the textures on the model have a lot to do with how the modeler designs it. This is a bit simpler model than the ones you are talking about. If the textures are stretched over various parts or repeat you will be limited in the amount of detail that can go into the surface textures as it will wrap and warp in unsightly ways. To get the fine looking weathered and realistic textures requires a high polygon model. It also requires textures to be mapped a certain way to the surfaces and I just don't know enough about it truthfully to do anything about it. I don't beleive this one is at the level you are seeking. For instance, the fuselage is textured in such a way as to preclude the drawing of a door where it should be and anything you try ends up in a warped looking mess. So no subtle panel lines or shading either. The only place i can find on this model that can get detailed is the wing surfaces and the vertical stab. The Horizontal stab can also but its pretty plain anyway. This is THE nicest looking Citation I have seen by far though and I have the panel aliased to a Citation X panel from abacus which is nice enough to really enhance this bird. Hope this helps.Hornit