Sign in to follow this  
Guest C17SimGuy

HELP! Registry problem!

Guest C17SimGuy

Just recently I noticed that every time I run AFCAD I have to reselect the FS2002 directory. Then when I tried to run TTools, it said "cannot locate FS2002 directory." This is totally strange for me, as I've never had any real problems with FS2002. The only thing that has happened recently was that I tried to use Bill Grabowski's EMB-120 panel with an old FSDS model, which caused FS to crash. Then when I tried to restart FS2002 it wouldn't work at all. To get it to work again I deleted the FS2002.cfg which apparently was corrupted, because it worked just fine after creating a new file. However, now I get the "cannot find FS2002 directory" error and that is really bugging my since I have a ton of FPs I want to add. Is there a way to edit my registry to show FS2002 is there without having to reinstall it? Any help would be much appreciated. -drew

I would suspect that ttools cannot find the files it needs. Is fs2002 listed in your start menu? You may have to re-install fs2002. But first rename your present fs2002 directory. Install fs2002, then delete it, not un-install. Then rename the re-named fs2002 back to fs2002. Then everything should work.

Guest C17SimGuy

Hmm. . .sounds like a solid plan. I think I am going to reformat my FS drive prior to reinstalling. Fortunately I have enough room to make a copy of FS on my third HDD. Thanks for the pointer!-drew