Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

727 air file?

Guest A32X

Hi,Does anyone know of a good airfile for the 727? I have the captainsim 727 and I'm guessing the final release is still some weeks off and I want to fly now! ;-) :(Otherwise, has anyone edited their airfile to make it more realistic?Cheers,

If you read thru the bug reports over on the Captain Sim forum you will find a bunch of comments by some real world 727 pilots including some "quick and dirty" edits that will make the CS727 much more flyable and actually fairly close to the book numbers.Basically it involves going to the CS727 aircraft.cfg file and modifying the "Static Thrust" value from the default 15,000 pounds to somewhere between 17,000 and 21,000 pounds (I'm using the 21,000 figure). That will get your climb and cruise performance pretty close to RW numbers. Try that for startersBill

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I too have the CS 727. In talking with Alex, and the fact that I have 'left seated' a real 'two-seven' once or twice in my life, I had the pleasure to get a new file in the mail from Alex to test.I don't wish to let any cat's out of the bag, however, the new file, which I am sure that a version of it will be in the final release, was VERY, VERY GOOD, AND MOST CLOSE TO THE REAL THING.Captain Sim owners -- take heart, This new file is very good and you will be pleased -- although your piloting skills may need spruced up a bit. . The new file flies exceptionally well.Please don't anyone ask me for it, as it was a beta and I am sure that it is NOT the final release file, however, if you are patient there is no doubt in my mind that you will be pleased.Best to all,Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)"Drac"B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest A32X

Looking forward to it Clayton. Also, I edited the static thrust to 21000. Feels like I'm piloting a rocket ship!