Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

AA on MS FS 2002?

I'm running a P4 1.6, 512MB RAM, with an ATI Radeon 8500 on XP. Just installed the latest catalyst drivers from ATI. Does anyone else notice that the anti aliasing feature just doesnt seem to work in MS FS 2002? I just get a very jagged look. This is very frustrating.

Guest outtatimeiii

It happens with my Radeon 7200 too. If I want antialiasing, I have to force it from the Direct3D tab in the Radeon Control Panel thingy. Even if I do force it, it still sometimes wont show in FS2002 (or in other games). Not sure why, perhaps its the Catalyst 2.4 drivers doing it (I have other issues with 2.4 too in FS2002), I never really had a prob with Catalyst 2.3, although I rarely used AA anyway.

>At 1024x768x16 the AA works fine. >On at ati 8500?Are you using the latest drivers from ATI?I just ordered a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4200 to see if theres a better result.

yep, cat 2.4 6200 drivers the only problem are the FPS, in control panel Direct3D smoothvision 2x and quality checked.Regards

Guest rogue1

I've got mine running mostly successful at 1280x1024x16. I think the 16bit color is the key as at 32bit color my panels have this bad blur problem at the bottom. Even at 1280x1024x16 I get some color blurring in the bottom left corner.My system is:WinXP ProAMD 1900+512mb RAMRadeon 8500 64mb - 6.13.10.6166which I believe is Catalyst 2.4Jim