Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

737-800 / BBJ Sound

Guest guyjr

Hi all... I was playing around last night trying to get the best panels available for the 737-700 and 800/BBJ installed with some aircraft, and am now trying to find the best sound file(s) to go with them. I've tried searching here & at flightsim, with no luck for a sound file specifically recorded from or designed for these jets.Any pointers to other sites, or perhaps a good approximation of the real thing? Maybe the XP Jetliner sounds?

Guest FS_freak

Hi Guy,I reckon since the 737-7 and 8 are equipped with the CFM56 engines then the CFM56 sound package designed for the Airbus A320 should do just fine on the 737's. At least that is my current sound setup for these birds. Just search for "pa_a320_cfm56_sounds.zip" on the file library but prepare yourself, it is a large file.I am not really a fan of Chris Reed's 737-8 panels which seem to be the only freeware alternatives available. Did you find any other panel that better suits this aircraft? I am currently flying the BBJ with Helio's 737-4 panel. Not very realistic, but...Mauricio

Guest guyjr

I'm actually using Chris Reed's latest version of his NG panel on a couple of 737-700s I have (filename boeing737-71.zip). For the 737-800s by FFG, I'm trying out the beta version of Andy Karlstetter's BBJ panel (available at: http://www.mucl.de/~hkarlste/NDK%20panels.htm).So far, I actually like Chris Reed's panel. The custom gauges look very close to the real thing (as far as I could tell from some flight deck photos on airliners.net). The only problem I encountered was that the Nav2 switch that he added doesn't completely switch the EHSI over to Nav2... it's only in there for convenience anyway (I don't think the real plane has that option, but I could be wrong). The problem is that while the EHSI will track Nav2 when the switch is toggled, it won't change the name/frequencey information at the bottom of the gauge to reflect the Nav2 frequency... it still shows the Nav1 info, although it is tracking Nav2. I tried fiddling with the XML, but couldn't get it fixed myself.As far as Andy's BBJ panel goes, it looks quite nice for a beta release. Again, I chose it because it very closely matches some photos I've seen of the 800 series jets, which are laid out similar to the 777-300, but not exactly the same. I'm eagerly waiting for him to release the next version of the panel. The big area for improvement there (imo) would be to maybe move the PFD and HSI gauges (and panel bitmaps as well) over to the left, in order to make room for the gear and flap gauges. Right now they're implemented as a pop-up window. But aside from that, it looks sweet!There's also a different implementation of Chris Reed's panel, done by Javier Flores. Search here at avsim for his version. I didn't get a chance to try it out yet, but it looks like it's got mostly the same gauges, with a different panel bitmap (more sun reflecting off of it judging by the screenshots in the .zip).

If you still have Wilco's Airport 2000 v.3 lying around, those 737NG sounds are my favorite. Don't bother with the panel though, it won't work.Misha

Thanks Mauricio :D forgot about that pa cfm56 sound file am just getting used to engine types anyone know a good website for jet engines??

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Guy,the Reality XP Jetliner Sound is based upon a real record from a 747. Although not a 737, it should ressemble close enough. Actually, the zip file includes a sample takeoff sequence in mp3. Worth the try to know if this is what you are looking for!Hope this helps!