Sign in to follow this  

Airports - Furthest North and South?

Following a coment made in another thread about my Round the World trip, I've decided to try and visit the airports furthest North and South in FS2002 in the course of the trip.If anyone knows what they are, I'd be grateful for the information.The furthest North is, I suspect, the most urgent if it's in Greenland or Canada as I'll be arriving in those areas shortly.So far, the futhest North I've found is Tanquery Fjord (CJQ6) N81, 24.60 W76, 52.90.

Thanks for that.I took a look and it's actually N82, 30.80 W62, 19.05 which certainly beats my search.Edit: Do you have a name for the one at the South Pole?

if you don't consider the landing zones on the permanent ice pack in the antarctic ... there is Ushuia in Argentina, and then Punta Arenas in Chile just a bit north ... both on the tip of south america ... need to consult an atlas to get lat lon .. but I visited Punta Arenas on my round the world tour once ... even has an ILS .

Congratulations on your spirit of exploration. I salute you. As already stated Alert is the farthest north destination in FS2002.I'm almost finished with the "Round the World Buzz." This round the world adventure is closed to new participants but you might be interested in our route:http://www.dmcity.com/slarty/images/june21status.jpgIf you are interested in our round the world route you might find the following link worth following:http://www.dmcity.com/slarty/index.php3Jeff Williams (KDCA)

Michal - Ok - thanks anyway but as I'm hoping to visit it as part of the trip, it's the furthest airport South modelled by FS2002 that I'm looking for. :)

Hi Jeff,Thanks for that. I'm amazed to see that at least part of the route is almost identical to my first effort from Liverpool UK to Venezuela where I sadly had to give it up. Very interesting to see how you navigated the rest of the flight.I'll certainly take a look at the site you linked to!

Results:I'm as certain as I can be that I now know the furthest sirports North and South as modelled in FS2002:North - Alert, CanadaSouth - Guardimarina Zanartu , Chile (SCGZ) S54, 55.87 Just for information, out of the suggestions I received in this thread for comparism the furthest South was:Ushuaia, Argentina - S54, 50.56Thanks to all who helped me. :)