Sign in to follow this  

Refreshing to see this hobby is not that expensive

Guest JeanLuc_

I just found out this information (link below). Considering the $39.95 asked for (for the CD version) and the average price of an FS addon (not even mentioning the freeware releases) FS2002 achieve a better value for the money ratio IMHO.http://www.s-tec.com/cd55.html

Aviation software/hardware is hideously expensive generally. FS2002 is something of a bargain.Some examples (UK prices):VFR Radio training CD-ROM:

Actually I find it a bit bizarre to offer a free download or a $40 CD ... Clearly they have huge shipping-handling costs or simply don't want to be bothered.But I fully agree - we get here a pretty good bung for the buck ... even more so in the .. Meridian ... he, he ;-)Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I fully agree. It's amazing to me the people who complain about how expensive this hobby is. Have none of them ever skied, fished, done woodworking or even (heaven forbid) flown a real plane? Please! This is one of the most inexpensive hobbies out there for the amount of joy it gives. Shoot, if money were no issue, I'd be taking to the REAL skies quite often! As it is, I'm content to enjoy FS and not spend my time figuring out how to afford my next lesson. Maybe someday...

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Dave,no I don't have the honor to be this one! But as you say, you never know! sometimes it is a small world afterall

Guest B1900 Mech

NOT EXPENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!?? You just need a 2000 dollar system every 2 to 3 years to keep the sTTTTTUUUUTTTTTTEEERRRSSSS away!!!

I really envy you guys in the northern hemisphere... with the price of the dollar rocketing like it is now in Brazil, an original version of FS2002 ends up costing something like $100... no wonder why pirate versions of games and other software are becoming so popular in "poor" countries... it costs $10 to pack a game but they sell it for $100. EA onde had the great idea of adding the game manuals in pdf format, the prices of their games were cut in half and sold like hell, I don't know why they stopped that.

Guest Milio_B

Amen to that..In Argentina, Brasil and Uruguay at least, we pay 3 times what people on the northenr hemisphere pay.....at least for now, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

No you don't. Just build one yourself and upgrade the components as necessary. I replace a video card here, a motherboard/processor there. I don't spend anything like $2000 per version of FS. Of course, if you buy a new "off the shelf" system every time your upgrade, then yes -- you're gong to spend some money!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

I don't know, stuff tends to be pretty expensive in the UK compared to all of Europe, except maybe Sweden or Switzerland, and certainly compared to the US and Canada. Best examples are probably petrol (gas for those on the other side of the pond) and cigarettes. A pack of Marlboro Lights is around the