Sign in to follow this  

DX9 - BETA

I dnlded DX9 BETA and did a fresh install of FS2002 PRO today.The results were unbelievable.Scenery MUCH NICER.The Archer 11 handles much more realistic. It is easier to fly.MS hit a home run with DX9.IMO.Jim Alcorn

Guest Stratus_Fractus

System specs? I wouldn't mind the perfomance (wouldn't we all?) but I'll wait for the final version, I don't want anything strange happening with my system.

I am also awaiting the final version of Direct X 9.0 :) Hopeing it will improve my performance... well I don't know if it will my system isnt very "high performance" anymore.PIII 866Mhz256MB-SDRAMGeForce 2 MX 400 64MB20GB hard drive-Shane

system:biostar mbATHLON TBIRD 1GIG CPU512 meg sdram20 gig hdGeforce 2 pro 64 meg ram viewsonic 21'p8 10 -4 monitorwell matched systemJim Alcorn

Which version of Windows are you using?Thanx,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hi,I'm using XP HOME.HD: ntfsXP HOME My system has very problems.What few problems there are, are usually caused by me.Jim Alcorn

Guest tcable

Watch out for the betas- you will not be able to upgrade to the final retail!I am doing beta test for MS and the only way to get the final retail is through teh beta site.However, the performance is impresive, along with the stability.Tim

Hi,Parked at Amarillo It'l.Cockpit view Archer 11BEFORE: FPS 12-13AFTER: FPS 14-16SPOT PLANE WINDOW ALSO OPENED SAME TIME, but reduced in size toV 1'H 2' COCKPIT VIEW ONLY: B: 20-24A: 28-31 Jim Alcorn

Guest Ben

Can i also downlod the dx9 ?If yes , WHERE? .... :-)

Thanks Jim.... I'm assuming that's with settings maxed. I'll run some DX 8.1 tests to see if I could benefit.I know this is only a beta, but I'd be willing to bet that the next version of FS will require DX 9...-John

Guest jase439

>It is just a BETA. It's actually more than a BETA and less than a gold release. A Release Candidate (hence the designation 'RC') - as defined by Microsoft - represents a set of "release worthy" bits which could potentially be shipped out for production. Microsoft rarely hits on RC0 :) Major showstoppers are usually the only kinds of bugs which otherwise warrant the release of another Release Candidate. In a way, RC0 represents more of an "almost-gold" more than it is a "beta".

RC1 is out too and thats better in the sense that there is no time limit on it. You can get RC1 from many popular sites for such stuff..as I dont know if its proper to post those links here I am not doing it.Santanu